“Pizza, Pizza, Pizza”
Review of Artisan

Artisan
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed July 18, 2018

Really nice setting for some really great food. We had a lovely evening eating delicious neapolitan pizza. We ordered lots of starters, and then 4/5 in our party had different pizzas of almost every variety you could think of. Delicious. Great change of pace from BBQ and traditional island fare.

1  Thank kscarlettohara

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

Artisan was my favorite restaurant on the island and here is why.

1) Delicious food. I understand not everyone likes Neapolitan style pizza. For me, I like every style of pizza but this was the best Neapolitan style pizza I’ve ever had. ALL the ingredients were so fresh. We ate there two nights and both nights we started with the caprese. I wish the portion was larger, not because I felt the value wasn’t there but because it was SO good. First night, I tried the Margherita pizza and my husband had the Crudo pizza (arugula and Prosciutto I believe). The second night I got a white pizza with mushrooms and spinach (I added ricotta because I LOVE it), and my husband got a pizza with a spicy ground sausage and some veggie toppings.

2) Excellent service. All the waitresses were friendly, knowledgeable and professional but not “stiff”. AND they brought us passionfruit liqueur shots at the end of the meal after we had passed on dessert (no room!) The owner came out to our table BOTH nights. On our second visit he remembered us from our previous visit. He was one of the nicest restaurant owners/chefs I have ever met.

3) The reasonable prices. It wasn’t cheap but I wouldn’t call it expensive. The value is absolutely there. The pizzas ranged between $16-$26 (don’t quote me on that) and both nights we couldn’t finish our meals. The caprese I think was around $14, so incredibly fresh and delicious. The wine prices were unbelievably reasonable. This was surprising to me as wine is often paired with Italian food. We had a bottle of red that was around $28 and it was actually pretty good! We aren’t super knowledgeable or picky about wine, but I think most people would have liked it.

4)The atmosphere. Yes, its just off the road (though not a busy road), and every now and then you hear a dog bark, but I found the place very romantic. Maybe it was the lighting and the relaxed yet sophisticated vibe and the surrounding foliage (sparse but pretty), I’m not sure what made it feel so romantic but it is a special place to us. We will absolutely be making reservations during our next visit. OH! One last thing…we looked at the service charge and they hadn’t listed a percentage so we did the math and it appears they only charge 10%, so just keep that in mind as most restaurants on the island seemed to include a 15% service charge.

1  Thank 05linds
Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

Had a great night enjoying all kinds of fresh pizza with a million toppings to choose from. There is something for everyone and it was all delicious. The salted caramel home made gelato was fantastic. The kids had the Nutella calzone for their dessert. Friendly, laid back, casual atmosphere with good service. What’s not to like?

1  Thank KathyC2of7
Reviewed July 4, 2018

Cozy space with very helpful and friendly staff/owners. We enjoyed sitting at the counter watching the master make the pizzas. There were so many delicious options that we had a hard time deciding. We ended up getting 1/2 Carne and 1/2 Margherita. The pizza came out quickly and was delicious. I think the Carne side was my favorite (if you forced me to pick). We ended the night with some gelato (sweet corn for me and espresso for my husband). We will definitely be back!

1  Thank Jennifer Z
Reviewed June 18, 2018

Of the dozen or so Pizza places on Anguilla this is number 1 by far! Opens at 6:00 pm
so no lunch pizza. It is on main road just before entering Island Harbor. Limited parking so a reservation is a good idea. Wood smoked Artisan Pizza and a full bar makes this little gem one of Anguilla's many cuisine surprises. Try it! You will not be disappointed!