New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Talacre Beach Caravan Park
Preston, United Kingdom
“wont be going back”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

we booked 2 caravans fri till monday , on arriving the caravan was very clean, we was given tea ,coffee, milk , sugar , biscuits , bin bags cleaning facitilies etc , and site was lovely , food great , pool was fab , the down falls to this site are the entertainment and club facilities , far too small , the club was crammed and if your family are under 14 you cannot go into the entertainment side to watch ,after 9 pm , we was constantly asked by the door staff how old are kids where and , my son who serves in the armed forces was constantly asked for his i.d became very annoying , and started to get fed up with the door staff ,think this site should look at providing better facitilies , for the family , defo would not go with a family again , have to get through all the gates with like a credit card pass bit tricky , but great if you want a weekend away for a couple , chippy was great , and the food in the club was lovely , drinks bit pricey , there is a lovely beach with a lighthouse , also a great little bakery down the road , over all would of been a good holiday bar the entertainment and door staff

Room Tip: caravan was clean spacious
5 Thank dwendywdr8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

Talacre beach site is fab as a owner we find all parts of the site is clean The clubhouse is great friendly staff all round we any one who comes to Talacre will find no disappointments will recamend site to all

2 Thank woza53
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

just got home from a weekend break, with my husband and son , arrived at park at 330 pm and was allocated our caravan straight away as it was ready , we only booked a basic van and was surprised at the van ,it was spotless in side with everything you could need , tea coffee sugar milk and biscuits, tea towel bin bags dish cloth , toilet roll soap shower gel shampoo and conditioner , beds was made up with very clean and bright white bedding , we went for a walk to familiarise our self with site and was surprised at how well the whole site was maintained not once did we see a stray piece of litter or a untidy border an over grown hedge, we was pleasantly surprised at the club house , spotlessly clean and the staff very friendly nothing to much trouble , our son loved the mini cinema showing up to date moves and a good variation , son didn't go to children's club so unable to comment on that , we ate at the club every day the food was lovely always served fresh and hot portions was on the large size and i found it very reasonably priced as i did with the drinks , £1for a pint of blackcurrant and soda !!! very reasonable and around £ 3 for a pint of beer , the pool was lovely nice and warm and very clean lovely tables and chairs to sit on in there , the sauna steam room and spa was an added bonus , today our last day we checked out of the caravan at 940 , yet we was able to keep our card passes so we could use the facilities , so although you have to be out the accommodation by 10 am you don't need to be off the site , and im sure if you arrived early on your arrival date you would be able to use the facilities before getting your accommodation , all staff from customer service to maintainable very pleasant , all in all had a brilliant break away and most defiantly will be back , well done talacre beach staff :)

Room Tip: don t think you would be disappointed with any of the caravans or lodges , 79 b where we stayed had...
1 Thank helen b
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

Talacre Beach is a lovely caravan site, not set in the best area of the world granted, but stunning facillities make up for this.

The caravans are all very modern and very clean, the clubhouse has good acts on and does not allow children in after nine oclock this can be a bonus or a disappointment depending on your family circumstances.

I have had three meals in the restaurant and i must say they were excellent, the Bison burger was really good, the small bar area is nice and extremely clean.

The gym 24 hour access with lots of modern equipment to have a quick work out is really impressive and again very clean, the pool, sauna and steam room are excellent, i found the staff very helpful and really polite, i have had three 3 night breaks early and late in the season and for £99 they have been fab.

I also found the onsite chippy very very nice on a few occasions!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank simon c
birmingham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

We were looking for a weekend break to take our grandson by the seaside. Having looked at several other sites we chose this one based on the positive reviews. We were not disappointed. The caravan was very clean and comfortable. We experienced no noise from other caravans. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
The swimming pool was very clean and in addition offered choices of a sauna and steam room. It was ideal for children and there was lifeguards in attendance at all times.
Despite children not being allowed to remain in the cabaret room after 2100 hours they are still able to continue to have fun in the pebbles room were they can take part in activities, arts and crafts, watch a dvd or play with XBox or Wi.
We had a lovely Sunday lunch from the carvery and it was very reasonably priced.
All in all we had a lovely time and would certainly consider returning for a weekend break.

1 Thank cassieBirmingham
liverpool
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

My family have just returned from a weekend at Talacre and have had a lovely little break in (quite sunny) North Wales.

Although I liked the Park a lot there are a few little niggles that while very little they will mean that we would not return.

So a few points...

- The check in/check out is 4pm/10am which I think it a bit poor.

- The park is so clean. I didn't see a single piece of litter or rubbish anywhere. The vans are ALL quite new and high spec and the cleaners deserve a medal as they were SO SO SO clean!

- The size is perfect. My family and I have been going to Haven and Warner etc... since I was a child (I’m now 30) and this is much smaller and although my children are still very young I can imagine that parents with slightly older children would enjoy being able to give their children a little more freedom while still knowing they are close by and safe.

- The park is split in 2 halves which has had some bad reviews online but it really wasn't an issue... My mum came away with us and she is possibly the laziest walker in the world and even she didn't complain about the walk. We did have nice weather though.

- The pool, again spotlessly clean is a lovely size too and I was impressed with the number of life guards, However we had to queue to use the pool which I don't think this is acceptable. I realise that we went on a bank holiday but I do think that they pool and in fact ALL facilities should be big enough to cope with the demand of the park at FULL capacity.

- The chip shop on site was not good but really this wasn't a problem for us as we ate out during our stay but the children asked for chips one night as we were leaving the club and they were horrible.

- The Location is ok. It’s easy to find and close to the beach. There are a few arcades within walking distance and enough to do for a long weekend if you really don't want to do a lot of driving.

AND THE DEAL BREAKER FOR US...
- The children are NOT allowed in the club room after 8:50. In fairness to the camp this was stated in the booking condition so I called before making my booking to see what the exact options were as when we have been to large parks there has often been 2 or more cabaret rooms and children have only been excluded from one room later in the evening. Hoseasons told me that when children left the main room that they could go to the other room and that there was "entertainment" until quite late in the evening. Don't get me wrong I don't allow my children to be up all hours but on holiday they love staying up late and breaking a few rules. The truth of the matter was that once the children’s party dances were over between 8:30 and 8:50 the security guards swept out the children like criminals and children were allowed to roam the pub / corridor areas and the entertainment was actually craft activities in the nooks and corridors around the country club complex while parents and sat on kids stools drinking bottles of wine so that the children didn't have to go home or be left unsupervised. As a non drinker I found this really unattractive and I think naughty of Talacre Beach. To me these kinds of holidays are ALL about the children and Talacre Beach market themselves as a family resort.

Overall it is a very nice park and will suit a lot of people but my priority for holidays is my children and I think Talacre could do more.

Room Tip: We had Van 90 and it was right at the back of the park, Very quiet but the longest walk to the pool...
5 Thank NicolaNicolaNicola
north wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

We stayed at talacre on the 30th April to 4th may in a standard caravan there was myself, partner and 2 children aged 3 and 22 months. Reception staff were friendly and quick and our caravan was great there was 8 of everything cups etc and had tea, coffee, milk dish cloth tea towel and bin bags for our arrival the linen was spotless the only dust I found was on top of wardrobes and cup boards. Park is small but was nice for us and 5mind walk to beach pool was great also.kids loved it. Can't really fault it and I would recommend and visit again ourself.

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank mazzycat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Talacre
5.4 km away
Presthaven Holiday Park
Presthaven Holiday Park
#1 of 7 in Prestatyn
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,654 reviews

Been to Talacre Beach Caravan Park? Share your experiences!