Lowest prices for your stay
US$131
Free cancellation until 21-04-22
US$131
Free cancellation until 21-04-22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
US$129
PricelineUS$131
Hotels.comUS$131
HIExpress.comUS$131
All reviews shuttle service free breakfast bottled water enjoyed my stay mall
Selected filters
Reviewed December 18, 2019

This hotel served its purpose well, overnight between flights. Its Holiday Inn Express so don't expect anything special, old but no bugs. Airport shuttle is every hour for most of the day (every 30 min before 8am I was told). Pickup is the space is in the center of airport directly between international and domestic terminal. I didn't see the signs right away.

I'm a Platinum member so I was given the appropriate arrival snack and water. I was also given my free breakfast certificate. The hotel was in the middle of nowhere but a Popeye's Chicken had its grand opening recently,maybe 3-5 min away based on walking speed.

Breakfast was average but it was free for me so I didn't care. Shuttle back to the airport was punctual at 6:30 am. Thankfully there was a free printer available to get boarding passes so as a carry-on only guy I was able to bypass the long check in lines and relax in the airport lounge.

Date of stay: December 2019
gizelle0806, Guest Services/Pantry Supervisor at Holiday Inn Express Trincity Trinidad Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2020

Hi PoleyDoodle,

Thank you for choosing our hotel as your place of stay and for sharing your experience, the time taken is truly appreciated. Our team is elated that your needs were met which allowed you to enjoy your stay. We look forward to being of service again and would like to once again thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed December 8, 2019

Holiday inn,.... need to say anything else? Good location for business, everything is practical. No cortesy bottle water in the room. Very clean, BKft better than average HI, The shuttle to and from the airport is every hour, and a bit hectic.

If you are on business and want to avoid Port of Spain traffic, this is you!!

Room tip: Hard to find something better for this price
Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank americafresh
gizelle0806, Guest Services/Pantry Supervisor at Holiday Inn Express Trincity Trinidad Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2019

Good day Americafresh,

I hope you are having a great day. On behalf of our team I would like to "Thank you" for sharing your experience with us, the time taken is truly appreciated. We are happy that we met your satisfaction level in most areas and we will look into the ones were we would of fallen short and try to improve on them.

We look forward to being of service again in the near future and willing to be of assistance if the need arises, feel free to contact me directly at jlobin@hiextt.com. On This note I would like to once again thank you for staying with the Holiday Inn Express Trinidad and choosing the IHG brand as your place of stay.

Reviewed November 20, 2019 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay, the check in was super quick however; miscommunication with the reservation agent & no complimentary drinks or snacks like other hotels offer if your a rewards member. Shuttle service took a while to pick us up from the airport. The dining room staff was very nice & accommodating. The room was average. The pool & gym were also okay. I might be staying here again in a few weeks but may explore other options.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank christinec842

Good day Christinec842,

I would like to Thank you for sharing your experience with us, the time taken is truly appreciated. We are happy that we met your satisfaction level in most areas and we will revisit the areas we would of fallen short and coach our team in order to improve on these. We do look forward to being of service to you again in the near future, and if I can be of assistance to you feel to contact me directly at jlobin@hiextt.com.

On this note I would like to once again thank you for staying with us and choosing the IHG brand as your place of stay.

Reviewed October 20, 2019

I have been to Holiday In Express Trincity several times over the past 6 years. Over that time I have seen standard level room sink to new lows but with some redeeming features the most known is their buffet breakfast. This last stay saw new lows with no coffee by 9:30, flies. The hostess shrugged her shoulders that no more would be made at this hour...however when another guest started yelling 15 mins later, coffee was magically made. I think that the broken shower heads, musty room, dark interiors could be overlooked.
But when it takes “bad behavior” to get even basic service...well!
Oh and as a Platinum Elite IHG member, I could not even get 2 bottles of water on check-in. Only on asking again that I was told that it was a “favor”!

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Natalie R
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Trincity Trinidad Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2019

Dear Natalie R,

I am deeply elated that we have been your constant hotel of choice when you're in Trinidad & Tobago. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your candid feedback about your stay. I am very sorry to learn that several things throughout your stay did not meet your expectations, particularly with the level of customer service our staff provided you. This critical feedback will be used in training our staff.

Please know that we do greatly value your patronage as an IHG Rewards Club Platinum Elite member and we look forward to future opportunities to host you and show that we can provide that great stay that you deserve.

All the best,

Dhang R
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed October 8, 2019

Booked for 1 night after 10 hr flight from the UK. Checked in was swift and can't complain about the room, clean and tidy with no siginificant wear. Downside is this hotel is isolated with nothing within walking distance however they do provide transport to the local mall. If checking in I suggest you buy stuff from a few of the retailers at the airport as the hotel has no deli or restaurant. What was really disappointing that the hotel doesn't provide any bottled drinking water unlike other and significantly cheaper BB and hotels around Piarco airport. The machine that does provide water and soft drinks was broken and the hotel hadn't bothered to bring in any bottled water. When asked about buying water they suggested I get the minibus to the mall and buy some. Just what I needed after a long flight.
Sorry but If I'm forking out $188 for a night I would expect the hotel to organise some bottled water. I've experienced better organised hotels and more willing to help hotel management in North Korea than the Hilton Express in Piarco sadly they have little appreciation for travellers needs.

Room tip: Buy water at the airport and any foodstuff or snacks
Date of stay: October 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank MacG0
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Trincity Trinidad Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2019

Hello MacG0,

Thank you for your recent stay at our Holiday Inn Express Trincity Trinidad Airport property. While we're pleased to know that you appreciate room upkeep, it is in my dismay to learn about your dismay with the hotel's proximity to other locations in the area. Also, I can understand that you find the level of services offered lacking. I am sorry for the letdown. I have discussed the situation with hotel management, who responded with genuine concern for the impact this had on your stay.

As we enhance our services, we would love to continuously serve you in your future travel plans.

Yours in hospitality,