“Food Poisoning”

Old Marina Restaurant & Gift Shop
Reviewed October 13, 2018 via mobile

Came here to eat for the first time and the last!!!
I had a Caesar salad and Puslinch burger.
The salad was ok and the burger was very dry and tasted like frozen meat, no flavor.

When I arrived home 1.5 hours after eating this food vomited it all up.

I called the restaurant and was told by an employee that food poisoning takes 4-6 hrs.
Upon asking what the next step is she said that’s it .
So no customer service after the awful experience.

I will never return here or recommend this place to anyone.

I spent $43 on a meal that made me sick.
It was the worst experience I have ever had after eating at a restaurant.

It’s a shame because it has a gorgeous view

JoelC3172, Owner at Old Marina Restaurant & Gift Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

I am sorry but this review is totally untrue in multiple aspects, so I would like to clarify. The customer talked to a supervisor and she relayed the message to me. Upon hearing the complaint we pulled all burgers as a precautionary measure. The customer did call myself the next day and I explained to her that food poisoning does not occur 45 minutes after eating. I called the health inspector well before her calling me to explain the situation. I then got the customer to call the health inspector to explain her situation and then to call me back.

We had a full review Monday (yesterday) of our process for both the burger & Caesar dressing and she found nothing that would cause food poisoning. She tested all of our burgers, sauces, water, etc. and found nothing. I pride myself in serving quality fresh food, so I fully disagree with this review, it could have been numerous other things that she ate/did that day. I am more then willing to work things out with the customer regardless of this review and told her that.

Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

We arrived at about 630pm on Friday evening and had approximately 30 minute wait for a table. Service was attentive but we found the restaurant to be very loud. Menu is relatively simple and limited unless your craving a hamburger or Fish and chips. If I want a hamburger I generally hit a hamburger joint. When I’m out at a restaurant, I only order a hamburger if other options don’t appeal to me. Basically the hamburger is my go to last resort. So, it may not have been what I had in mind but the lamb burger was excellent as were the sweet potato fries. Also enjoyed the crab cake appetizer. I would like more dinner options and would prefer a quieter atmosphere. We will return next summer to experience the patio and lake views.

Reviewed October 3, 2018

Service was great,food so so. It was very busy but everyone was well looked after.We were a party of six.

1  Thank 223beachbum
Reviewed October 1, 2018

Loud and hard to hear people speak at my table. Not good for people with hearing issues! Food so so. Had a salad with chicken. No zing. Fish and Chips thick with batter and low on fish. Not good value for the costs.
I guess the selling part is the view.
Would be nice to have both a good view and good food.

Reviewed September 21, 2018

Unless you live around the area or have a guide you’ll never find this beautiful place. The man made lake is beautiful. We arrived around 7pm and I regret not going out onto the verandah and taking photo’s. We chose to sit inside as it was a little cool. The staff were awesome and made us feel so welcome. The menu was reasonably large and the Specials Menu was great as were the beverages. The food servings were generous and the food yummy plus the atmosphere very relaxing. We were their with business associates, however, there were Couples, Friends, Families and even a Bridal Shower (table). The dress code is casual and we felt ‘right at home’ and relaxed. All in all I would totally recommend this establishment.

1  Thank Karen C