Priceline
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 18, 2016 via mobile

The restaurant and hotel itself is in traditional Slovak cottage style. We have visited this time only the restaurant and the food was excellent. Not only the classic 4 types of "halusky" but some old and new Slovak variations you won't get so easy close by.

The playground for kids was also great, lot of fun before and after lunch with the wooden fortress. There is also a huge green field which ends directly in the Liptovska Mara water reservoir/dam.

Next time we will schedule a stay there for few days at least.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2016

We stopped there for lunch and even all free tables were reserved and prepared for private group of guests that should arrived in 30 minutes they invited us to stay.
Food was prepared quickly and was delicious.Service was excelent as well.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2016

Coming back from a congress and doing nature photography, my Slovakian host indicated this address as their favorite when photographing nature, and I loved it. Greta's chalets are really beautiful and the room inside are nice and clean. Breakfast is plentiful and tasty, as are the meals at the restaurant where I had dinner every evening, before going out again to enjoy the evening light: there are very interesting walks starting nearby. It was my first visit to Slovakia and Greta is one of my best memories in terms of food and lodging. Very nice people too.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I stayed in this hotel with my husband and I can recommend it to everyone. There is very nice surrounding, everything is close by. If you like termal pools, one is about 10min drive and the other 6min away..You can go to Rohace mountains (30min drive), Demarovska Dolina with Chopok (20min drive), Strbske pleso (1hour drive). I think it is a very good place for families with children.The food is great and the hotel room is ok too. Small but there is all you need. The best part of this hotel is the hotel stuff. Especially girls in the reception and in the restaurant. They are always smiling and helpful. I would come back one day :-)

Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank bbrb
Reviewed June 17, 2013

They were offering a weekend deal for fathers' day, which we decided to go for. Place was easy to find, booking and communication with reception were incredibly pleasant. The place was nice too, our apartment was modern and clean, the rest of the hotel was very traditional. It was a walking distance from Liptovska Mara.
However, we got a room directly above the restaurant, which spoiled our first night quite a bit due to the loud noise.
There's a great kiddy corner in the restaurant and a fab outdoor play area.
The sports afternoon was fantastic, the staff really put a lot of effort into it. Big thumbs up to the chef who prepared the fantastic summer berry fruit cake, it was delicious (as all the other meals). But once again, we were disappointed as staff had an outdoor party that night, with music playing incredibly loud until. It kept us awake until 1am.. I was surprised at the lack of consideration towards their paying guests.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay and should they do a weekend with Spievankovo again, we might decide to attend again.

Room tip: Make sure you don't get a room above the restaurant, as it gets very loud, especially on the weekends.
Date of stay: June 2013