“petes 60th birthday bash”
Review of The Court House

The Court House
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Great Bromley
Reviewed 30 April 2017

well what can I say there was a large group of friends gathering for my best mate 60th birthday. we all stayed the night at the pub bedrooms were all vary well decorated clean bed vary comfortable.from the time we turned up till the time we booked out we were made welcome the owner and staff were friendly and really went out of there way to make us welcome.
food vary nice and well priced great range on the menu and a lovely pint of local beer
cant recommend this place enough and will defiantly be going back

Room Tip: would ask for one of the back rooms as on a main country road
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 11 April 2017

We recently had a family gathering here for my mums 80th birthday, there were12 of us and each one of us enjoyed an amazing 3 course meal. The lovely staff are so welcoming and attentive, nothing was too much trouble. The table was decorated beautifully and the birthday bunting was a lovely touch. We have been coming here for about 2 years and never fail to enjoy a wonderful meal!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 March 2017

Booked a room at last minute due to a change of plans. Booked room on-line at 5.50pm and arrived at 6pm, the lady on reception was aware of my arrival and promptly took payment / showed me to room 8 'Shergar' There appeared to be 5 or 6 rooms in a self contained block and I was close to the car park (not too close to be a noise nuisance) The room was very clean, warm and well appointed. There was tea & coffee facilities and the shower was fantastic. I ate in the bar later on and the food was very good as was the beer. Bed very comfortable with a good choice of pillows (which makes a change from having to roll up a fleece jacket because the pillows are too big) I had a good nights sleeps and the breakfast was excellent, it arrived promptly and was warm. I found the staff to be helpful and pleasant, who wanted to go the extra mile to make the stay more pleasurable. Should I be in the area again I would not think twice about using The Court House again and would recommend you give it a try, be it for a beer, a meal or an overnight stay.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 March 2017

This is a regular haunt for me when working in the area. I often stay an extra night or two because I enjoy it so much>

This is a family run B&B and beautiful old pub, in a quiet and peaceful semi-rural area. It is expertly managed by Michelle and Robert. The accommodation is clean and comfortable, the food is delicious and excellently presented. The pub is delightful and the staff and locals are very welcoming. Well worth a visit.

If you plan on visiting and like kippers for breakfast, give Robert the heads-up, his kippers are lush!

I thoroughly recommend a stay. I am stopping an extra night tonight, there is a little jazz band playing later.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2017

This is the best restaurant for miles for the best Sunday roast delicious . The staff are first class . The whole restaurant is spotless . The waitress have always got smiles on there faces . And the land lady is lovely always makes sure everything is ok and it all ways is .

Stayed: February 2017
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

I spent a very comfortable night in the Red Rum room. It's clean, warm, and just what you need at a reasonable price. Only issue was the WiFi was patchy and I had to keep logging in every few minutes. Car parking is right outside. We decided to pay extra for breakfast however this was not worth the cost. We had a full English but the sausages were cheap quality and hash browns were of the frozen variety. Coffee wasn't great either.
I'd certainly stay again but I would go elsewhere for breakfast.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 February 2017

My family and I always love going to the The Court House for a meal and to catch up with the lovely community of staff and regulars there. Always guaranteed good service, a delicious meal for a very reasonable price and friendly banter. A must if you are in the area.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
13.1 km away
The Beeches
The Beeches
#10 of 16 in Clacton-on-Sea

Been to The Court House? Share your experiences!