“Welcoming staff”
Review of The Court House

The Court House
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Great Bromley
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for one night mid June 2017. The staff were very welcoming and although the bar was shut they offered to make me a snack which was very kind of them. My room was lovely and clean, it had all of the essentials and more. The bed and linen were luxurious, something that I always look for when booking a night away. I ate a cooked breakfast in the morning which the staff happily tweaked to make vegetarian for me. A generous pot of tea, juice and cereal were also on offer. The surrounding area was lovely and quiet and only a short drive into Colchester. I have quite high standards especially when the rare opportunity of a child free night is on offer and I would happily stay here again.

Thank you for a lovely stay!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 25 June 2017

Hi Kelly and thank you so much for your kind review. We're so pleased that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay at The Court House and do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back for a return visit in the future. All good wishes from Robert, Michelle and the Court House team.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

My husband and I stayed one night in the chalet style rooms outside this pub. Room was very clean, bed extremely comfortable, good selection of tea/coffee/water/biscuits. We also had an evening meal with our son. Staff very friendly and polite. Food excellent and served on hot plates. Good atmosphere in the pub; lots of happy locals.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Clare H
Management response:Responded 25 June 2017

Thanks very much for your review, Clare. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you'll be back to visit again soon. With all good wishes from Robert, Michelle and the Court House team.

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Hi Michelle

Just to say we couldn't have asked for more. Thank you so much for your welcome and attention during our stay. Felt very comfortable. Breakfast is a must with everything served freshly cooked and hot. The tea and toast was offered continually and you didn't have to wait. Superb thank you.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 25 June 2017

Thanks very much for your review, Julie. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we are delighted that you enjoyed it. We hope to welcome you back in the future. Kindest regards from Michelle and all the Court House team

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

We had a two night stay in spacious, clean, comfortable rooms with an excellent evening meal. Food really was good and service exceptional. Beautiful inside and out with easy parking has to be highly recommended. *****

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

Stayed here as close to relatives and to celebrate my eldest Aunts birthday. Court House was very clean and comfortable and the food was excellent! They even put banners and balloons up for breakfast as it was my birthday too! Lovely surprise!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic. Even though fully booked for Sunday lunch the staff made space for us as we had been let down by another establishment. The food, hospitality and service were first rate. Our visit was most enjoyable.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 May 2017

Excellent food well presented freshly cooked. on hot plates you could not ask for better service . The waitresses very quick & efficient . . Lots of choices on all three courses. you just wished you could manage 3 courses, drinks at reasonable prices. I recommend it to all my family & friends. It is excellent value for what you get.. Owner & his wife always working & very Helpful. I like re4ally rare roast beef for Sunday lunch. So when I book a table I always tell them & always get my very rare roast beef. I live locally.
. Everything ia always clean & well maintained.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
9.4 km away
Blue Ivy Hotel
Blue Ivy Hotel
#6 of 23 in Colchester

Been to The Court House? Share your experiences!