All reviewssunday lunchfamily lunchthree coursessteak and ale pieanniversary dinnerlovely eveningstable blockhanging basketslovely pubcomfortable accommodationcooked to perfectiontea coffeeplenty of parkinga lovely staylovely roomwould stay againstayed one night
Reviewed June 25, 2017

This lovely renovated old pub offers a warm, friendly welcome with good and reasonably priced food and drink. Our first visit and a pleasant surprise. Particularly liked the outside space with its colourful furniture and wonderful hanging baskets. The landlady was really charming and talked to us at length about the pubs history and the work that they had put in turning these once derelict buildings into the fine pub it is today. We will definitely go back when we visit the area again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded June 26, 2017

Thank you for your lovely review. It was, indeed, a pleasure to meet you and I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your first experience at The Court House. I was only too happy to enlighten you on the characterful history of the old building and you certainly chose a good day to visit with the sun shining and the flowers looking at their colourful best. With all good wishes we look forward to welcoming you back another time. Michelle

Reviewed June 22, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for one night mid June 2017. The staff were very welcoming and although the bar was shut they offered to make me a snack which was very kind of them. My room was lovely and clean, it had all of the essentials and more. The bed and linen were luxurious, something that I always look for when booking a night away. I ate a cooked breakfast in the morning which the staff happily tweaked to make vegetarian for me. A generous pot of tea, juice and cereal were also on offer. The surrounding area was lovely and quiet and only a short drive into Colchester. I have quite high standards especially when the rare opportunity of a child free night is on offer and I would happily stay here again.

Thank you for a lovely stay!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Management response:Responded June 25, 2017

Hi Kelly and thank you so much for your kind review. We're so pleased that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay at The Court House and do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back for a return visit in the future. All good wishes from Robert, Michelle and the Court House team.

Reviewed June 12, 2017

My husband and I stayed one night in the chalet style rooms outside this pub. Room was very clean, bed extremely comfortable, good selection of tea/coffee/water/biscuits. We also had an evening meal with our son. Staff very friendly and polite. Food excellent and served on hot plates. Good atmosphere in the pub; lots of happy locals.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Clare H
Management response:Responded June 25, 2017

Thanks very much for your review, Clare. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you'll be back to visit again soon. With all good wishes from Robert, Michelle and the Court House team.

Reviewed June 4, 2017 via mobile

Hi Michelle

Just to say we couldn't have asked for more. Thank you so much for your welcome and attention during our stay. Felt very comfortable. Breakfast is a must with everything served freshly cooked and hot. The tea and toast was offered continually and you didn't have to wait. Superb thank you.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded June 25, 2017

Thanks very much for your review, Julie. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we are delighted that you enjoyed it. We hope to welcome you back in the future. Kindest regards from Michelle and all the Court House team

Reviewed May 29, 2017 via mobile

We had a two night stay in spacious, clean, comfortable rooms with an excellent evening meal. Food really was good and service exceptional. Beautiful inside and out with easy parking has to be highly recommended. *****

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family