All reviews sunday lunch family lunch three courses steak and ale pie anniversary dinner lovely evening hanging baskets stable block lovely pub comfortable accommodation cooked to perfection tea coffee a lovely stay lovely room would stay again stayed one night full english
Reviewed July 9, 2017 via mobile

Excellent impromptu Sunday lunch - we were lucky to get a table - next time we'll book to ensure we don't miss out! Superb food, ambiance and staff. Very reasonably priced too plus a super-sized gravy boat = bliss Excellent choice of wines & nice real ales. Highly recommend, plenty of parking, nice courtyard & rooms too!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 2, 2017

We Stayed at the Courthouse Inn, Gt Bromley. for a few nights while visiting family.
Upon arrival we were met with a warm welcome by the proprietor and her staff. the venue was clean and the food was lovely, it seemed that nothing was too much trouble.

The room we stayed in was part of the original 17th century building and had so much character we have booked the same room again for august bank holiday.

The chefs sunday roast and the ploughman's lunch we had during our stay were exceptional, thank you again for such a lovely stay

Room Tip: The luxury chalets outside were full, we were worried about noise from the bar, but the family room we stayed in Rm3 I think, was perfect
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2017

This lovely renovated old pub offers a warm, friendly welcome with good and reasonably priced food and drink. Our first visit and a pleasant surprise. Particularly liked the outside space with its colourful furniture and wonderful hanging baskets. The landlady was really charming and talked to us at length about the pubs history and the work that they had put in turning these once derelict buildings into the fine pub it is today. We will definitely go back when we visit the area again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded June 26, 2017

Thank you for your lovely review. It was, indeed, a pleasure to meet you and I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your first experience at The Court House. I was only too happy to enlighten you on the characterful history of the old building and you certainly chose a good day to visit with the sun shining and the flowers looking at their colourful best. With all good wishes we look forward to welcoming you back another time. Michelle

Reviewed June 22, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for one night mid June 2017. The staff were very welcoming and although the bar was shut they offered to make me a snack which was very kind of them. My room was lovely and clean, it had all of the essentials and more. The bed and linen were luxurious, something that I always look for when booking a night away. I ate a cooked breakfast in the morning which the staff happily tweaked to make vegetarian for me. A generous pot of tea, juice and cereal were also on offer. The surrounding area was lovely and quiet and only a short drive into Colchester. I have quite high standards especially when the rare opportunity of a child free night is on offer and I would happily stay here again.

Thank you for a lovely stay!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Management response:Responded June 25, 2017

Hi Kelly and thank you so much for your kind review. We're so pleased that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay at The Court House and do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back for a return visit in the future. All good wishes from Robert, Michelle and the Court House team.

Reviewed June 12, 2017

My husband and I stayed one night in the chalet style rooms outside this pub. Room was very clean, bed extremely comfortable, good selection of tea/coffee/water/biscuits. We also had an evening meal with our son. Staff very friendly and polite. Food excellent and served on hot plates. Good atmosphere in the pub; lots of happy locals.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Clare H
Management response:Responded June 25, 2017

Thanks very much for your review, Clare. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you'll be back to visit again soon. With all good wishes from Robert, Michelle and the Court House team.