“Best Cretan food in town”

Begendik Abi Lokantasi
Ranked #3 of 136 Restaurants in Urla
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 21, 2017

We have been here a couple of times within the last 3-4 years and it has been one of our favourite places. I first discovered here when we took a trip with my husband and my parents when I was 5 months pregnant. All food we had tasted were divine. Especially if you are a vegetarian or vegan, this place is definitely for you. If you eat meat, I would try Sevket-i Bostan with lamb meat, and if you want green vegetables, you should definitely try Çalkama.

Reviewed June 17, 2017 via mobile

it became a landmark in Urla for localfood. Doesnt have a menu, you just select what you like to order from daily options to be seen on large desk. Happy to find local dishes with great taste!

Reviewed June 17, 2017 via mobile

Fast service and good dishes from Turkish cuisine. I recommend that place for everyone looking for a local restaurant that serves Turkish cuisine.

Reviewed March 30, 2017

When you visit a place and all around if you see newspaper reviews believe me don't go into it. They will offer you high price and give bad service because they are brand. They were famous when there was no one around. Now they are only showing about their old performance. The service is bad, The value you pay for the meal is too much and not worth it. There is no very special meal and if they have they didn't even offer.

1  Thank monderol
Reviewed January 21, 2017

Begendik Abi Lokantasi is traditional Turkish dining at its best. Located in the old bazar of Urla, you will be welcomed and have the choice of many traditional Turkish dishes. The staff is very helpful in making your choices, if you are unfamiliar with what is presented. You can chose your meat dish and sides by actually seeing what you will be served, there is no menu. The dining environment was very pleasant and the staff was available but not hovering. We ate there in late January and it was cold outside but very comfortable inside. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. Families, singles, children, you name it. A great place and we will go back.