“Nice lunch!”

Mamma Whites Pancake Parlour
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Mamma Whites is a relaxed cafe style eaterie serving amazing pancakes and omelettes with a good helping of amazing service!
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We visited the pancake parlour yesterday for lunch. Small place with lots of chalkboard to entertain the children.
The menu for the children is fun, they have to fill it in themselves!
The blueberry & maple pancakes were delicious, and so was the raspberry & white chocolate crêpe.
The cooking smell is very strong in this small place, we all smelled bad afterwards...
Overall, we liked it and we’ll go back!

1  Thank Cathy M

Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

We were sat down for ages before anyone came and took our order. 3 girls working there that all looked about 16. One girl had her really long hair down too which also didnt seem great in that environment.

Ordered a flat white but was given just a really strong cup of coffee. Pancakes took absolutely ages to come, I would say about half an hour.

The food was nice, but I won't go again. Also, because they cook the pancakes in the same room as the seating I've come away stinking of burnt food :(

2  Thank Kirstie E
Reviewed March 3, 2018

Lovely food and staff! Would love to come again and spend longer as I only had time for one pack cake, overall an enjoyable experience and will be returning soon.

1  Thank Rhi1998
Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

Had a lovely brunch at Mamma Whites, I had the blueberry & maple pancakes (asked for some banana too!) Delicious! And my husband had the Nutella crepe (supersized!) Also delicious! Lovely place for kids, chalkboards everywhere for them to doodle, even on the tables. My pancakes even though were so thick, they were very light! Staff also very polite!

1  Thank victoriaeclark
Reviewed September 7, 2017

I have been here dozens of times since it first opened, and for a long while I was always impressed with the level of service, the quality of the food and the overall atmosphere. However, the last several times I have visited, (perhaps five or six times throughout 2017) I have been consistently disappointed, regardless of the time of day, or day of the week when I have visited.

I have often not been acknowledged when entering, several times having to get my own menus. The staff aren't rude, but never smile, and they never seem overly pleased to see a customer walk in the door. I have been there when it has been only myself and a friend, and there was still an atmosphere of stress and tension which made me feel quite uncomfortable.

At our last visit, two of the diners at our table had pancakes with raw batter in the centre, and there were items forgotten from a breakfast order.

On several occasions, a friend has suggested meeting here, for us to find that it was closed, despite the opening times suggesting otherwise. As I like to support local businesses, and I love the concept of the Pancake Parlour I have continued to visit despite a drop in the level of customer service.

It's a nice idea, and probably still fun for a one-off visit, but as a previous regular customer, I hate to say, but I don't think I will be visiting again, as we often spend upwards of £25 each visit, for two adults and a child, the quality of the service and the food has fallen substantially since we first started visiting, and there are so many other great, locally owned cafés in the town.

3  Thank Abi F