See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 14, 2014

This is a delightful, very modern-looking hotel, removed from the hustle and bustle of the touristy Loire, but handy enough for a full range of the towns and cities, Angers, Saumur, Chinon etc. there are not many rooms, of a perfectly acceptable standard of size and facilitiies, if not luxurious. Everywhere was of a high standard of cleanliness. The food (breakfast and dinner) was of a very good standard and very sensible value for money. We had half board at a cost of 132 euros for two, (B&B for two was 86 euros) and every effort was made to provide set meals that were to our taste and satisfaction. The staff were friendly and helpful, not intrusive. Everything "Comme il faut" for most pleasant ,relaxing stay.

Date of stay: October 2014
1  Thank John Terence B
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We like the Loire river valley for relaxed vacation travel and booked two nights here on a whim.
The room prices are quite reasonable and it is conveniently tucked away between Saumur and Angers so it is an easy drive to either city. The countryside abounds with fruit trees and flowering bushes and while quite beautiful, I worried about sleeping in a carpeted hotel room with my allergies: no worries here! Our room had a natural hemp floor covering that smelled wonderful
and kept the allergens to a minimum so the nights were quite restful.
Staff is excellent; both friendly and helpful and directed us to various local points of interest.
Absolutely dine in the restaurant-it is not to be missed.

Date of stay: April 2014
1  Thank Prepcook
Reviewed February 22, 2014

This is the second time I have stayed here and the meal I had this time was unbelievable. The hotel is off the beaten track and so is quiet and tranquil. I choose to use it because it is near places I go to buy wine . The hotel rooms are very modern , clean and comfortable.
Last night I was the only one dining and booked half board. I was treated to a four course gourmet meal which taking away the cost of the room worked out at about 15 euros. The main course was cod wrapped in strips of courgette on a bed of risotto and so well presented. Will be returning for more of this.

The hotel does not open till after 6pm so was a little nervous first time I visited. Rest easy the staff do turn up and are very helpfull and the lady in charge speaks good english.

Room tip: Used 2 and 6 both good modern rooms with double bed.
Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stayed with my friend 1 night here before starting our Loire journey thru the castles and were pleasantly surprised with the quality of the hotel. I was looking for a hotel in Chinon and a booking site prompted this hotel among top recommended, the price was adequate and the rooms looked comfortable. Though quite a distance from Chinon (~30 km) and Saumur (~17 km) - we were really surprised to find this nice hotel in the middle of a small village. There are only 7 rooms, we got room #1 - big, with 2 beds, nicely decorated, free wifi throughout hotel, free parking in the backyard. Breakfast is 9 euro and is a typical French one, yet you don't stay hungry after. Very good budget place to start your Loire journey.

Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This three star delight is a short distance from the Loire Valley chateaux. A modern building in a tiny, quiet village with an excellent restaurant. The village itself has no visitor attractions to speak of, but it's a well situated for those traveling by car to visit the abundant attractions in the nearby area. The price is easy on the budget, the WiFi is good, and parking is provided. There's even terry robes provided in the bathroom! The one minor challenge we noted is a bit of a shortage of electrical plugs, so there was a little shuffling for our various chargers and laptops. The restaurant is closed on Sunday nights.

Date of stay: September 2012