All reviews lovely family hot water minute walk whole family western food friendly hosts his son bikes for hire foam rubber common balcony sri ramana lovely guesthouse wonderful view per night late night family members tamil nadu
Reviewed August 4, 2018

I had a great time spending 5 nights in this homely guesthouse, where the staff felt like family. I met great travelers and had all I needed and more - the staff was very helpful, even in booking a train ticket. The location is very relaxing and seeing the Holy Mountain right in front of me was a spiritual experience. This place was home for me just when I needed it.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Elad M
Reviewed February 13, 2018

I spent two nights at Full Moon Guest House-an annex of Rainbow Guest House -in January of this year and was very impressed.My reservation was handled by Mr Arjul.I had wanted to stay at Rainbow but it was full.I was given a room at Full Moon instead.The room wasn't just a room.It was a suite of rooms.There was a very large sitting room,an equally large bedroom and a bathroom.The place was super clean and very inviting.There was plenty of hot water.What made the place so attractive was the owners.I never got to meet Mr Arjul but I did meet his sister.She made me feel so welcome and took me on a tour of Rainbow Guest House across the road from where I was staying.The suite of rooms that I was given cost only 900 rupees per night...great value.I can recommend this place very highly and I am happy to give it 10 out of 10.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed January 26, 2018

Even though the guest house was fully booked, Arjun helped us find everything we needed and he and Shanti and their daughter Durga took such good care of us!
The guest house is beautiful and in a nice and calm area, but especially the knowledge and grace of the hosts made it one of our best experiences in Tamil Nadu. Thank you so much for everything, we'll be back!!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2018

This is the fifth time I have stayed at Rainbow Guest House, and it keeps getting better and better. They installed new wood-screen windows that close tight and keep the mosquitos out. The service from the family who owns the guest house is top notch. The owners know everybody and are extremely helpful in getting connected with whatever service you need. This visit I needed to have an amethyst set in a silver amulet and Arjun, the owner, took me on his motorcycle to a silversmith in town. He also translated for me into Tamil so that the silversmith was clear on what I wanted. They recommended our taxi driver, Venkatesh, who took us to and from the airport in Chennai, and took us to Kanchipuram for 2 days. He was an excellent driver and pleasant to travel with. My apartment at Rainbow was clean, quiet, and allowed me to cook for myself. Pots and pans and dishes were provided. The beds were new foam rubber and very comfortable. When I needed stitching on clothing, it was all handled by the next day. When I needed glue for my sandals, Arjun and his son Jai-Kumar took care of everything. The views of Arunachala are stunning, and there is a new covered roof with chairs on granite floors that allows one a place for meditation on sunrise, sunset, moonrise, and the mountain, unobstructed. A great value in a nice village just past the ashram.

Room Tip: Higher Floors have better views of the mountain.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Phillip L
Reviewed January 9, 2018

This is my second time to stay at Rainbow Guest House....once experienced, it is unforgettable. On my trip here two years ago, I was a guest for 45 days...this year the stay was a couple weeks. The kind, open welcoming of the family makes one feel so relaxed, so at home. The house is very well maintained, clean and comfortable. The colors warm and inviting,

There is inexplicable peace, allowing deep rest and relaxation for the whole stay as I had this year or as a buoyant for the activities To come. There is an undefinable stillness on the property which is well located near Tasty Cafe and back a ways from traffic noise. The family just finished the rooftop where guests can go to relax or view the Mountain or the lake when it is full.

The family members are most gracious, kind and welcoming but not intrusive.

Get reservations in early! It is a joy to reside in this house.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent!
Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo