“Romantic restaurant”

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Private Dining
Description: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Reviewed June 28, 2016 via mobile

Romantic location, great food and very kind staff! They have a beautiful wineceller. And all the wines are good quality and amazing taste!

Reviewed June 7, 2016

I was with my wife in the vicinity of the restaurant when we decided to get something delicious to eat. Since there is lack of good restaurants in this area and we wanted something special we decided to go here, since most of the TripAdvisors gave the restaurant an excellent rating. Expecting a real treat for my taste buds.

On entering the restaurant I immediately saw that the interior decoration is a combination of average interior design and inappropriate domestic decoration. From items related to sea which is the theme of the restaurant to red ceramic pigs somebody from staff got for the anniversary and decided he will put it in the restaurant not to spoil his home shelf.

There was a plastic rose in yellow plastic sand on the table. What a decoration! While waiting for the food I was thinking why such a wannabe classy restaurant does that? To save the money or just the lack of taste?

The staff was friendly but didn't know much about food preparation and presentation. The selection of wines is decent but nothing special.

We ordered home made codfish spread for starter. I am a Mediterranean food lover, so I was pretty hungry by the time food arrived and expected a delicious "bacala" that I am used to have in such restaurant. It was very dull and pale. The waiter explained they mix codfish with gilt-head sea brim's meat.

Next followed the warm starter with asparagus-es and codfish cheek muscles. This course was delicious and really the only dish that was above average. Grilled just perfect, soft on the outside and still crunchy inside, with coarse salt and a bit of the olive oil, laid on the mashed carrot's sauce together with fish cheek muscles, made a really delicious treat.

For the main course we decided to have black risotto and pasta with truffles. There are two of my favorite classical Mediterranean dishes, so be sure I tried many and have a great knowledge on how to make them taste good.

Unfortunately they failed both of the dishes and left me disappointed, since this are the basic dishes you have to know how to make them perfect if you want to call your restaurant a Mediterranean cuisine.

The rice was unevenly cooked, pale taste and no Parmesan cheese or olive oil served on the table. Which is another very strange thing for such a restaurant.
Fortunately the pasta was properly cooked but to little truffles and too much heavy cream spoiled the dish.

For the desert we had two more glasses of wine to finish our lunch.

We came with great expectations, because of excellent ratings on TripAdvisor, but left very disappointed. Because the prices are high but the food and presentation isn't.

I guess people are giving this restaurant such a great reviews because it's one of the rare seafood restaurant in this are and also one of the few that is trying to serve quality food in nice ambient.

But unfortunately they still have a long way to go, and will have to put all the things on the right place starting with food preparation, table serving and interior design to prepare an experience worth the money.

So if you wanna eat good seafood go to the seaside!

Mateja M, General Manager at Restavracija Tabor, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2016

Dear guest ,
we are very sorry to hear that we didn't meet your expectations. We are sorry you didn't tell us already at the time. As the interior goes everybody has their own unique taste.
We guarantee to all our guests, that our nice interior, beautiful garden, rich wine cellar and plate decoration can be seen in the gallery on our website.

Reviewed May 22, 2016 via mobile

We have stopped with my family for fast lounch at restaurant Tabor. The ambient was perfect, quiet, warm and at the back yard there are few tabels on the grass with fantastic quiet nature arround.
Our quick lounch has beem extended to 3 hours pleasure for our souls. The food was fantastic. The asparagus soup was so delecius and the sea food plate with black rissote just fulfill our apetite. The desert was also on the top level.
The servis and the personell was on the top nice domestic level.
The weather has quickly changed and the rain shower had came, but that has not spoiled our satisfaction at that time.
I will recommend this restaurant to everyone, who would like to enjoy the good meal in perfect quiet nature ambient.

1  Thank Matic_Gobec
Mateja M, General Manager at Restavracija Tabor, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2016

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking time to write a review. We are very happy to hear you were satisfied with our food and service. We hope to see you again soon.
Mateja-general manager

Reviewed April 11, 2016

In a cosy ambience with a great view in the garden we had a privilege to have a great meal and the best fish we ever had. Definitely a must go if in the region!

1  Thank Biwko

Dear guest,
Thank you for your review. We are very happy to hear you were enthusiastic about fish. Our fish is always fresh,we are really trying our best. We hope to see you again.
Mateja

Reviewed February 10, 2016

Last time I was here with a group of my friends in December for new years party. Staff where great. food excellent, and not expansive. Great selection of wines.

2  Thank Peter J

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking time to write a review. I assume you saw our wine cellar and I'm happy you were impressed by our wine selection. We hope to see you again.
Mateja-general manager