“Business trip to ACT”
Review of The Duxton

The Duxton
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Description: The Duxton has transformed into a superior hospitality venue. Boasting several different spaces for dining, take away snacks, functions, live entertainment, sport and even the odd pool party, The Duxton is a versatile establishment with the finest finishes and features. We’re bringing fun to the ‘burbs with a great new menu from our brand new kitchen where we’re focusing on quality, local ingredients and suppliers.
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Attended the Duxton with a business colleague, the bistro/pub is clean and new. It was a Wednesday night and very busy. We ordered the special for the night which was a rump steak. After 30 minutes and other patrons being served after us getting there meals, the bar and the bistro staff separately came over to apologise. We received our meals and they were of a very high standard, they also gave us a free drink for our troubles. The service from staff was outstanding.

Reviewed April 2, 2018

The Duxton was a great venue for a recovery lunch with friends and family. one of the only locations that allowed us to book for a large number of people, without having to book as a "function". The food wasn't bad, the drinks were good. There's not much of an outlook, but i don't think many Canberr'a bar locations do. But it was an easy and relaxed venue

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Great selection of boutique beers including their own Duxton ales. Choice of two ciders on tap. As well as some mainstream beer like Great Northern. Quite expensive at around $12 a pint, but that seems to be a trend. Food menu extensive but we only ordered the hot chips which were tepid. Toilets nice and clean. Happy people.

Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

the setting was lovely for a warm evening. however, food was average and although it wasn't at all busy (a Thursday evening) with most tables empty our dishes all came at different times, which was awkward and embarrassing given we were there with a family visitor from interstate. I'd try again as it could have been an isolated problem, but not a 3rd time.

Reviewed March 11, 2018 via mobile

We visited for dinner on a Saturday night and this is the second time I have eaten there. My experience this time was the same as the last time. The beers are good, the atmosphere is good, but the food is at best average. I ordered a medium rare Porterhouse and regret it. The meat was not char grilled, thus very, very bland. It also appeared to be a cheap cut, as it was very tough and full of gristle. In the end, I only ate half of it, because the gristly nature of it got the better of me. My wife offered me half of her cheeseburger, because it was also bland. Although I was still hungry, she was right - completely tasteless. I then tried some pizza, which was very nice. Maybe we all should have had pizza, as pizza is difficult to stuff up.

With all said and done, I would return for a couple of drinks, but would go elsewhere for food..