See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 14, 2015

As we were staying in the East Hotel I took my children here for dinner at Maddies. The kids menu was fine and the adults had reasonable meals. The staff were friendly and looked after us well. Not for me normally but with kids was a good place to go. Not to expensive. Kids given a great activity pack which kept them occupied for an hour and a half.
I would go back if I had the kids with me.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed January 6, 2015

Recently having visited Canberra wtih my other half (who is originally from Canberra) a visit to the 'Kingo' apparently was a must.
We headed for drinks and dinner on Xmas Eve because we were staying at East just across the road and we cooked our own steaks - it was really cheap and you had salad and rolls with the steak; as I have said very reasonable and a good experience. The 2nd visit I had the schnitzel and it was really good - decent food at reasonable prices.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2014

We eat twice and this hotel whilst staying in Canberra and on both occasions we had a really nice meal. The prices are quite reasonable too. One night we chose from the restaurant menu and the other night from the beer garden menu. The burgers are huge.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2013

This is a nice place to stop and have a drink if you are in the area, the food is ok and you can even cook your own in the bbq area. they have an outside area if you can handle the cold of Canberra, to cool for this Queenslander.
Nice atmosphere.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank les f
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Its a dump......don't be such a tight a##e and book and stay at the East Hotel across the road. I was a long term stay at the Kingston, they hardly cleaned the bathrooms they had cockroaches in the communal kitchen so God knows what was in the kitchen that prepared food for the public. So do yourself a favour East Hotel Kingston.

• Stayed: April 2012