“Relaxing atmosphere.”

Shearwater Restaurant
Ranked #37 of 238 Restaurants in Coffs Harbour
Price range: US$6 - US$28
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A unique location, could be anywhere in Australia...fantastic menus, attention to detail, just awesome.
Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

Nice food and relaxing atmosphere made the visit to Shearwater appealing, nice to enjoy the meal near the water.

Reviewed June 28, 2018

We arrived early at 5:30pm for dinner and were the first diners to arrive. The waitress was not rude but wasn’t warm and welcoming either. I ordered the pork belly which smelt delicious when it arrived. The pork belly was tender and tasty and I was happy with my meal. Our empty plates were cleared and that was the last time the waitress came to our table. At no point in time were we asked if we wanted tea, coffee, another drink or the dessert menu. This was because a man entered the restaurant that the waitress knew and possibly was an off-duty staff member as he went behind the counter. The waitress was too busy socialising with this man to serve us. The man was dining with a group of friends, one of which was a woman who was swearing quite loudly in front of our 8 year old. We eventually got sick of being ignored and got up to pay. Such a shame as the lack of service spoilt the whole experience.

Reviewed May 28, 2018

Very pleasant overlooking the river. Food OK Service Good. Bit sparse for some. did not have much ambience. Not easy to find

Reviewed May 27, 2018

The Shearwater would have to be my favourite place to dine in Coffs Harbour. The chef always goes out of hes way to personally come and see if your meal was satisfactory. And it always is. I couldn't recommend the Shearwater enough. AAA+++

Reviewed May 13, 2018

We had a table for 6 booked for lunch on Mother's Day. We were seated quickly, which was great, and orders were taken within 15 minutes. Drinks took another 30 mins to arrive (after being reminded). Food then another 20 mins (not too bad for Mother's Day). I was a little disappointed at the vegetarian options, as I had called when I booked to ensure there were vegetarian options and was told vegetarians were "Well catered for". There was one main offered, and when I checked with staff, that was it. Oh yeah, and a salad and some dips for entree. Better than nothing I suppose, but quite limited. Desserts were good. Overall, a nice afternoon in the end, but not brilliant.