“The best gnocchi ever”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed November 7, 2017

My friend and I came here based on the excellent Tripadvisor reviews. From the start the service was impeccable and the food fantastic. If you get a chance, this is a wonderful place to come, especially for a special occasion.

The highlight of my meal was the gnocchi, which I ordered as a starter. I love gnocchi, and order it as often as I can - unfortunately I am often disappointed. This gnocchi, on the other hand, was without a doubt the best gnocchi I have ever eaten, My first mouthful was so amazing I almost cried. I think it might be a bit much to have it as a main, but boy, as a starter it was incredible. After that experience, my pork belly was an anticlimax, although it was beautifully cooked. My friend raved about her tomato salad and the ravioli. We only wish that we had room for dessert, although the truffles offered at the end were a lovely way to finish.

Special commendation to the sommelier whose recommendations were spot on. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. I will definitely return next time I'm in Sydney.

Reviewed November 4, 2017 via mobile

Cannot fault one single part of the food or service, everything was perfection. Amazing experience in all aspects with excellent attention from Loic and all staff. Can't wait to return again to try more wonderful dishes. Thank you!

Reviewed November 3, 2017 via mobile

I have been to this place few times and have tried different dishes but despite trying and trying all other again, I still find the food inconsistent and not so attractive. Today, I chose the salmon terrine which was different from what I had last time; it felt heavy today although the dressing was light. Straight after having that as a starter, I already felt quite full. I chose the pork belly this time but didn’t manage to finish the dish. There was a sausage in the dish which was very salty. The piece that looked like the pork belly skin was made into some sort of large cracker and was equally salty. The meat was tender but there was more fat than meat on the piece I was given. Again, I felt very full despite not finishing this dish. I felt like my belly wasn’t digesting the food at all and just ended the meal with a strong tea. In contrast, the service was impeccable; the staff was attentive and extremely friendly.

Reviewed October 27, 2017 via mobile

Came here during Good Food Month with some work friends.

We ended up going a la carte instead, the food was very good.

I had calamari and a side salad which was tasty and quite filling.

Food menu is quite pricey ($57 for a main and side - lunch special) - but wine by the glass was pretty reasonable ($11 a glass).

Everyone enjoyed the lunch!

Reviewed October 25, 2017

Had the pleasure of dining at the Restaurant Pendolino last night and it was a spectacular experience from beginning to end.
The entire evening was flawless. The dining room is spectacular The food was absolutely delicious and the entire team of staff bent over backwards for us from start to finish to ensure we had a magnificent time.
The wine list is extensive and the sommelier extremely knowledgeable. Wild weed spaghetti, beef carpaccio, Wild mushroom Pappardelle and Buttnernut Risotto were all spectacular. Chocolate Eclair and vanilla custard pie hard to pass up for dessert..
Put Pendolino at the top of your list for your next business lunch, date or special occasion. I can't speak highly enough of the staff, their food and the overall setting. 10/10. An absolute Must.