“Nicest Coffee I've ever had!”

Corellis Cafe Gallery
Ranked #2,733 of 6,741 Restaurants in Sydney
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Newtown
Reviewed April 4, 2018

I'm a difficult customer - Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Caffeine free... But I had the best decaf almond latte of my life! I also had a vegan/gluten free brownie - delicious!! Add the free wifi and long open hours, I was very happy. Service was average, and was not warned about the eftpos charge, which would have been appreciated prior to being charged. All round very good experience, and i'll be back.

Reviewed December 31, 2017 via mobile

Ricotta pancakes were good but the vegetarian breakfast was basic and looked like it was slapped together by a 5yo. Tumeric latte was good.

I will never return to this cafe. Whilst the male waiter there today 1/01/18 offered great customer service (after we waited for about 15 minutes though), the woman in the kitchen was an absolute nightmare. She was screaming and yelling at the waitstaff, smashing about the kitchen in anger while cooking as though us customers were the biggest inconvenience to her life. I have never felt more uneasy and stressed by a staff member in a cafe than I did today and I did not even deal with her directly.

When we left the cafe I said to my husband "I have never walked into a cafe feeling happy and left feeling stressed quite like I did today". Unfortunately he agreed with me.

There are plenty of other fantastic cafes nearby and I recommend going elsewhere instead of this one.

Reviewed June 9, 2017

One salad in a group of meals served was sent back requesting a component listed on the menu that appeared missing. After some time waiting for the missing meal or explanation we asked what was happening. It was only then that the waitress informed us that the salad was now 'off'. When asked to return the salad without the component, we were only then also informed that the cook had thrown it in the bin - no-one had communicated this to us waiting at the table until we finally asked. WOW! Needless to say we left leaving the other food and drinks served.

4  Thank Alexandra M
Reviewed March 6, 2017 via mobile

Nice cafe open late which is great for a late night coffee or tea with friends. Food and drink usually ok but the staff there are sometimes rude. Went there tonight and had my usual decade coffee and some late night toast. My friend ordered English breakfast tea and somehow the Irish waitress managed to mess it up. Ok fairs fair we all make mistakes but she was so so rude and spoilt the experience. Even when we asked for sugar and she had to go out and get some (what decent waitress runs out of sugar in a cafe?) she throw 13 packets of sugar down on the table. Even when we went to pay she continued with the attitude- fair enough of you're having a bad day but don't take it out on the people you who ultimately pay your wages and if you are so disinterested that you mess up making English breakfast tea then get a new job - you're doing your manager a disservice.

1  Thank Kym F
Reviewed January 1, 2017 via mobile

A lot of people think of This cafe as an iconic stop for Newtown urban lifestyle ..rather relaxed, bohemian Unfortunately today I was proven the opposite . I stopped by for breakfast this morning. ( Monday 2nd January 2017) with a friend of mine . Just walking distance from home , you just expect to relax with a cup of coffee and good food on a public holiday .
We sat outside , our order was talking , food was alright . As we enter the cafe to cue to pay for our bill. We experienced the lowest and most insulting treat from our own. waitress. At the cashier , stressed and angry at everyone . It was misplaced and insulting the way she approached us , proving us wrong on where we were siting , distressing all her anger on us . Personally telling is she wasn't formally employed or payed and just helping out ( really? Who cares? Does this give you the right to insult us?) ...customer service ! Don't work if you don't like it or aren't payed for it !!! we waited 15 minutes to be ignored and then insulted to be proven wrong on our table . She had the docket she came to our table and served us. It was a pathetic and rather horrible experience . She even recommended us to write a review and not come back ...I'm still perplexed , Especially cause I'm a Newtown neighbour , I know most faces around ...I used to go to this place often and know the owner of the cafe , who is a lovely warm italian woman .
This , what we had to experience today at corellis was pathetic and embarrassing .
Elisaguntin88@gmail.com