See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 18, 2015

This cannot even stand for a hostel. Slum house or something like this. Bathroom, showers full of pubics, looks like it never has been cleaned. Breakfast included what stands for a raising bread if you're lucky to find it. Etremely noisy, every night party till 2. Smelly, old place that somehow is getting renovted so you're have a feeling like you're being stuck in the middle of roadworks. Moved somewhere else immediately. Wifi works only in the garage.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2015

This hostel is from my own experience the most nasty, dirty, shabby and grose hostel that is possible to find. I sincerely mean that you could be better off by living on the street. Everything about this place is really shady. They don't take payment by card, and the whole facade are worn out and in a really bad condition. The worst things we experienced at our stay that makes me write this review is that; firstly the room we recieved smelled of smoke, secondly the bathrooms were in such bad conditions that we never used them, thirdly the blankets we received didn't looked properly cleaned. We tried to ask about this stuff, but the guy in the reception were not good in english, and we got the impression that this was how the standard was! So for people that are looking after cheap hostels in Sydney, please stay away from this place. Over and out.

Room Tip: Sorry, but no rooms here are any good.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed January 6, 2015 via mobile

Even one star is generous for this place. We 3 girls arrived having booked a 4 bed room for us to have our own space, however were placed into a 6-bed, yet still charged the 4-bed fee. Trying to explain your frustration to the Chinese guy on the desk was like lighting a fire with wet matches. The showers have one temperature: scolding hot, the rooms are equally as warm and the lack of bed sheets is just frustrating. The free wifi was the only pro, however I can't comprehend how they can offer that, yet you're expected to purchase your own toilet paper. What? If you've ever seen the movie Hostel, you will know what I mean by it's creepy exterior. We actually burst out laughing when we pulled up outside. Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting luxury in the slightest, but it would be nice to eat my dinner without sharing my fork with a family of cockroaches. If you really are skint, I'd recommended a bench over this place. Hyde Park has a few to offer. Never again.

• Stayed: January 2015
Reviewed December 30, 2014 via mobile

"Trash room"
Dirty bed. Dirty shower room. Dirty kitchen. Dirty window. Dirty light.
Only this room have Dirty.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank OnAir538568
Reviewed November 17, 2014

When we arrived there were no two beds in one room as we had booked, instead we were placed in separate rooms. We insisted to take a look at different rooms as the first option offered looked abysmal, but all 4 or 5 rooms we saw looked pretty much the same. Staff lived (and cooked) permanently in some of them (although cooking is not allowed). Dirty clothes, personal items, food spread everywhere around the rooms and on the floor, as most of the inhabitants stay there (semi-) permanently. There is a common kitchen, but why do you think you would need plates, utensils, soap? heir cleanliness would make their fellow citizens from Korea be ashamed to call themselves Koreans. One of their (semi-) permanent residents was obviously looking for verbal or physical confrontation by throwing my bath towel on the wet floor on purpose.

If you are looking for a cheap place to stay in Sydney, do yourself a favour and go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Chose a better hostel.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple