“A great experience!”
Review of Manly Surf Guide

Manly Surf Guide
More attraction details
Owner description: Learn to surf in Sydney! Manly Surf Guide are a boutique surf guiding company that offer small group surfing tours and surf lessons in Sydney's famous Manly Beach and Sydneys beautiful Northern Beaches. A local business owned and operated by Dee Why’s Ryan Hayfield, Ryan and his hand picked team of local staff have grown up surfing at Dee Why, Manly and Sydney’s Northern Beaches. Our guides know exactly where to go in all conditions. Ryan is one of Sydney’s most sought after surf coaches with over 15 years coaching experience and has been surfing since age 5. Ryan and his team are young, fun and full of energy. Each guide has completed a Level 2 Surf Coaching Course, APOLA (ocean safety), Advanced First Aid and Advanced Resuscitation qualifications. Ryan and his staff are passionate about the ocean and the sport of surfing and pride them selves on giving you an authentic surfing and Australian cultural experience. Manly Surf Guide is a successful company purely relying on word of mouth recommendations from providing a quality personalised service, rather than a large marketing campaign.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I came across Manly Surf Guide by accident and i am so thankful that i did! Ryan was easy to work with, gave great directions where to meet, is very knowledgeable about Manly and is incredibly passionate about surfing. We booked surfing lessons and paddle boarding lessons for four people and had a great day out with Ryan. The class size is small allowing for more individual attention. Ryan is very professional and easy going. Don't look any further, book with Manly Surf Guide, you are guaranteed a fun-filled day! Thanks again Ryan, we really enjoyed our time with you!

Date of experience: May 2014
in 9 reviews
"instructions"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Smaller groups than the bigger schools and expert instructors who do not seem to struggle getting anyone standing.
Thanks for a really great day out!

Date of experience: February 2014
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We booked a beginner's surf lesson for four in early March. Ryan was incredibly professional and was able to accommodate us last minute which I really appreciated. We learned a great amount and were all able to stand up in our 2 hour lesson. Our instructor was Ben and we really enjoyed him. He was also very professional and a great teacher. Cannot recommend these surf lessons high enough.

Date of experience: March 2014
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I did the beginner's course and a private lesson. Both were great fun and I learned a LOT. The instructors are really really good. After the private lesson they even let me have lunch and surf the whole afternoon with the beginner's course group for free. It doesn't get much better than this if you want to learn to surf.

Date of experience: March 2014
See more reviews
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Booked on a beginners surf tour at the start of January and had a brilliant time. It is good value compared with other surfing lessons I saw around Sydney and the ferry over to Manly is a must do in Sydney anyway so no better way than to combine the two! There were 5 of us to one instructor so you feel like you get enough time with them. We were met straight off the ferry and driven up to the beach for the day (there were alot of other people on the beach so don't expect the surf all to yourself). I had tried some surfing about ten years ago so may have had a tiny advantage but Danny made me feel like a pro and I really felt like I progressed throughout the day. It is tiring and not all the group were still going at the end so I would only go if you're comfortable battering through the waves! As a side point I tan easily but forgot to put lotion on the back of my legs and I completely sunburnt them so they should maybe make sure it's passed around at the start and at lunch (50+lotion provided) as I was very sore the next day and still have a wetsuit line nearly 2 months on! All equipment and lunch provided and the instructors are great so if you want to learn to surf get yourself booked in with Manly Surf Guide, you will love it!

Date of experience: January 2014