“Short visit”

The Bayswater Sydney
Ranked #81 of 180 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We had two nights here, and will definitely stay again. A comfortable bed, great shower, and a nice touch is the addition pf crockery & cutlery - with Coles virtually next door, b'fast could easily be made in room. The location makes this hotel worth while.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank David R
dionmarketing, Guest Relations Manager at The Bayswater Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Thank you for leaving your comments on TripAdvisor. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Again thank you for your kind review.

Reviewed 24 March 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Penlada K
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Everything was efficient, professional and friendly - especially the staff. Rooms were a good size, everything you needed. Nice bed, bathroom had nice touches. Everything clean and shiny. We were only there for one night but it was very quiet, especially as it is near restaurants and clubs. The perfect mid-range hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nickanz_12
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Enjoyed my initial stay here so much , I returned to this hotel after a 2 day trip to Hunter Valley.

I returned as a solo traveler, and Brandon at the front made my stay very comfortable, provding excellent customer service and showing me all of the places to go. He made me feel extrememly welcome as a foreign novice traveler, and following his reccomendations, I don't think I could have had a better time in Sydney.

The hotel is superb for mid-range. It is clean, complimentary, and in a great location- I found peace and quiet right in the heart of Kings Cross, for a reasonable price as well.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank katie a
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I was a somewhat frequent guest at another Sydney Lodge property "Springfield Lodge", and on this visit I decided to spend a little (but not a lot) more on a better standard of accommodation, so I decided to boook a King Deluxe.

First impressions count, and so upon my arrival front desk was completely ready for me and check in took less than 3 minutes.

The property is spotless and so was my room. The furnishings are quite pretty and the quality goes past what you would expect from a budget type hotel.

It is Kings Cross and if you expect the room to be totally silent you should stay in the country. Honestly the loudest noise was from the rain, which was quite heavy for the weekend I was there.

I had one maintainence issue during my stay where the curtain chain broke. This was fixed in a flash. All other furnishings including the bathroom are near new and are in good condition.

The highlight of my stay was when one of my friends needed an IPad charger. Not at all expecting the front desk to have one, I gave them a call anyway. Lo and behold they did and were more than happy to lend it to me. It's little things like this that make the difference between a run of the mill hotel, and one you will tell others about....

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank handyandy1
Reviewed 15 March 2012

We stayed for 4 nights in feb/march 2012 and had a great time. We had a king room, great decor, it had everything we needed. Very close to the train station for transport and has the best sushi across the street and coffee right next door.
Will stay here again next time we are in sydney. My only complaint was the poor optus phone reception in our ground floor apartment, not the hotels fault, perhaps a higher room would fix this next time.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bearsie01
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Private bath, good location. Great hotel in this price range, yes the room was small but hundreds of dollars less than many. Others we found in this price range in Sydney had shared baths and worse locations. We were on the top floor, solid construction so very quiet. This was our first night in Australia so we were very pleased to find it was much closer to all the sights than we expected. Lots of restaurants nearby, short walking distance to everything we wanted to see. Kings cross station is just down the street for easy access to transport if needed.Just remodeled with new seamless glass shower enclosure and white bedding so you could easily see that everything was spotless. Small fridge in the room with a full set of dinnerware, and a separate room off the lobby with free wi-fi as well as a small separate kitchen.

Room Tip: The 5th floor appears to be an add-on, only 5 rooms, configured so no bedroom walls are adjoining. R...