“Aerial view of Sydney”

Blue Sky Helicopters
Ranked #34 of 404 Tours in Sydney
More attraction details
Owner description: Sydney Airport's longest established & only locally owned helicopter company. Our mission is to bring the beauty of Sydney and its magnificent surrounds to you in safety and comfort.
Reviewed January 15, 2018

It was my wife's 65th birthday so as a suprise I booked Blue Sky for a 15 minute tour of Sydney Harbour. I don't think my wife has forgiven me yet as she was scared whitless for the entire trip, but even she had to admit that it was a spectacular trip and gave her an overview of Sydney and the relative closeness of the bays and beaches that she had not previously been aware of.

The groundcrew and pilot were very professional and at the same time were relaxed and easy to deal with. I would recommend a 'doors off' charter as the persplex stuffs up the photo opportunities.

All reviews
in 26 reviews
"chopper"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed December 23, 2017

Blue Sky Helicopters offered an amazing flight to the Blue Mountains- flight was mind blowing. Views over the Sydney Harbour breath-taking. Mark, the owver, is one of the nicest person you can meet and his team of pilots are first rate. Safety first is clearly the motus operandi of this company and the service is attentive and welcoming. By far, one of the best flights you can experience.

Reviewed December 21, 2017

I received a gift voucher for the Black Ops and Mark was fabulous in booking me in after a few cancellations due to weather. He personally looked after my booking and the experience itself was beyond words.
We had a great day flying over Sydney, with no doors and Marks expertise flying skills. Definitely a day to remember and definitely highly recommend it.

Reviewed December 18, 2017

We were booked on a private hire flight over Sydney Harbour/Bridge, however when our flights to Australia were cancelled and rerouted we couldn't make the agreed time. A quick call and we were able to reschedule towards the end of our tour when we would be back in Sydney. It wasn't their fault we couldn't make the agreed time but we were very grateful we could transfer our booking to another day.

We got a taxi out to the airport from our hotel by the Harbour Bridge which took about 40 mins with traffic, fortunately we'd allowed an hour, as we didn't want to miss our flight again. We arrived about 11.05am for our 11.30am flight. There was a note on the office (which was locked) that someone would be there 15 mins before our scheduled flight time. There was a covered porch for shade so we were fine watching the other helicopters come and go.

Mark soon flew in with his previous clients (who said they'd had a great time) and he opened up the office. He'd never seen so many travel bears at once (we were travelling with 5 travel bears) but was happy they would be able to fly with us in the helicopter's spare seat. The bears were thrilled (we've known some helicopter company's require some storage time in a locker rather than take a single teddy bear onboard - we don't use them anymore). We had a safety briefing before heading out to the helicopter.

Mark helpfully took a group photo of us before we boarded, then made sure us bears were securely fastened in before getting the humans sorted. Once we took off, he made my day. As lead bear - TourGuideTed - he invited me to sit up front and I got the most amazing views of both the Harbour Bridge, the Opera House, over to Bondi Beach and the surrounding area - including some lovely views of the airport (which we loved!)

We had pre-ordered the DVD so Mark made sure a few of the bears got a quick wave in as well as taking a fabulous photo of me in front of the Opera House and Bridge (see my photos).

On our return Mark was very tolerant of our teddy photo-taking in front of the helicopter, we can be divas so have to get the set up just right but he didn't rush us at all.

The humans also loved the ride - great views (one in front, one behind) with big glass windows to see through, flying over the big ticket items from both sides so they both got photos. We couldn't fault our flight, the service or Mark's attention at all. So glad we chose Blue Sky Helicopters.

If you want a flight over Sydney Harbour - especially if you have a travel bear - choose Blue Sky Helicopters, you won't be disappointed!