Holiday Inn Darling Harbour
  • Restaurant
The Ultimo(Sydney)
    • Bar/Lounge
    1,640 results
    All reviewspaddy's marketdarling harbourgreat locationclose to china townlight railminute walkfree wififamily roomgeorge streetcapitol theatrepleasant staycentral stationan upgradebuffet breakfastmini baropera housepublic transport
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My stay at Holiday Inn Darling Harbour
    Was only one knight
    The second room we where given was on yhe 7th floor we had a nice view of a brick wall.The bed sheets had a tear in them.The bed was cofortable pillows good the room had a lot of room.
    Breakfast was very good very busy hard to understand .
    The front counter staff were very nice and helpfull.
    The Hotel is in China town and a fair distance from Darling Harbour .This is a good place to stay if ggoing to the Paddies market or China Town.This Hotel is rated as a 4 i would only rate as a 3.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
    IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Darling Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

Hello Neil L,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us feedback. I am glad that you had a restful stay and that you found the breakfast to be very good. Our front desk staff are grateful of your compliments! I want all areas of your stays with us to be excellent and I am sorry about the tear in the linens. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping team to improve the services that we offer. I am confident that measures taken will avoid the same issues from reoccurring in the future.

I hope you had a wonderful time exploring China town and Darling Harbour! I am looking forward to your next stay with us!

Best Regards,

Clayton G.
    Case Manager
    IHGService

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We've stayed at the Holiday Inn Darling Harbour a few times now and for this trip we were disappointed. The rooms are dated now and the bed was uncomfortable. The shower was horrendous!! Valet parking has been removed as has the concierge. However, the staff were friendly and efficient as ever. The bar was good - the food was great. The breakfast was also good, although at $30 per head not particularly value for money. The location is good for Darling Harbour, Paddy's Market and the local theatre scene.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
    Steven L, Digital Marketing Executive at Holiday Inn Darling Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Noz-Kez J,

Thank you for choosing to come back to the Holiday Inn Darling Harbour and glad to see that you were pleased with the location.

I am very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your stay this time. Unfortunately the hotel went through some big changes since the last time you stayed with us, the valet car parking was removed and replaced with 20 new rooms around 3 years ago. Hence we do not have a separate concierge anymore but instead a combined front office / concierge team. My apologises that this may not have been mentioned at check in but we do offer a discounted $20.00 breakfast if you pre book on the day of arrival. Furthermore, 200 of our rooms will be transformed into new modern styled bedrooms starting from the 1st of July!

I would like to apologise again for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. We hope this does not prevent you from choosing to stay with us again. We look forward to seeing you at the hotel soon :)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were booked into The Holiday Inn as part of our cruise package. Easy access from cruise terminal... Grab and Opel card from Circular Quay then catch a train to Central Station then light train to Paddys Market stop on the Dulwich Hills line. Look to the right as you pass the beginning of Paddys market and you will be looking down Harbour Street and see the hotel. Hotel adequate. Good size rooms and very clean. Small but functional gym, spa, sauna and steam room. Check in can be madness if you meet a bus group coming in or out. Close to Darling Harbour, Capitol Theatre (went to Mama Mia.... Amazing) and Chinatown. Small restaurant for breakfast, go early or stand in line. Bar/restaurant also attached to Hotel. Surprisingly good food. I had a veggie stir fry and darling had a veggie burger. Restaurant staff were a little bit gumby. Overall would certainly stay again if the price was right.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi VicnJen67,

Thank you for selecting Holiday inn Darling Harbour to complete your cruise journey. A big thank you for taking the time to vividly share about your experience in Sydney and at our hotel. I'm happy to hear that you were happy with our services and that the location allowed you to access a lot of the nearby attractions and transport network! However, I'm disappointed to read you were unhappy with our food and beverage staff and would like to sincerely apologise for this. I will definitely forward this to our management team.

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel :)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The accommodation was a little dated but tidy. Staff were courteous and happy to assist. Breakfast was not included with our stay, but was AUD $30 per person for walk ins or $10 less if booked the day before. We found the breakfast facilities were very good with lots on offer and a variety of choices. The only restaurant had a small but adequate menu.

We stayed for a couple of nights only, so did not get a chance to explore the gym & laundry facilities.

Hotel is in Haymarket, conveniently located in the heart of Chinatown and handy to shops and malls. We were lucky to be there for the Friday night food market in Chinatown, and were able to sample lots of street food.

It’s a short taxi ride to the iconic Opera House and Harbour Bridge.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Hi Arhbus,

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review about your stay with us. I'm pleased to hear that our front office team and hotel were staff were courteous and happy to assist you. The location is a favourite for our guests and that's great you got to experience the yummy Friday night markets which is on every week. Hopefully you'll be able to explore the rest of our facilities when you choose to stay with us again!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was my second stay and I can not understand how different the experience can be. Check-in slow but efficient. IHG priority desk is never manned. My gold status was not recognized till i asked for amenities points/drinks vouchers.

Rooms are spacious but this time there was damp and unpleasant odour of cleaning material in the corridor and in room also. I had to run air conditioner to air the room.

It was so unpleasant that I needed leave one key in the room when I was out so air conditioner keeps on clearing the air. Second day housekeeping took away the key.

I needed to print some papers and I checked with hotel staff. They told me the charges and asked me to send file. However I never got prints.

There is a building coming up against the hotel so no views really,

Coming to breakfast, it takes some time to be seated. Staff can be brusque at times. If you are in hurry, bad luck.

Overall I expected better.

Room Tip: Look for another hotel
    • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
    Steven L, Digital Marketing Executive at Holiday Inn Darling Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi lovetravel7519,

Thank you for returning to stay at the Holiday Inn Darling Harbour and taking the time submit a review.

I'm disappointed to hear that the experience was very different to your previous stay. with us. I would like to sincerely apologies for the inconveniences that some of our services have caused you. The construction across the road ''Darling Square'' is almost done which is expected to be completed by the end of 2018. I understand that you returned to the hotel expecting a high standard of service but unfortunately we did not fulfill that this time. Your feedback and loyalty is important to us and I would like to personally investigate this matter. Are you able to provide me your email address?

Thank you for your loyalty with IHG rewards as a Gold Elite member and I would like to apologies again for the inconveniences you experienced at the hotel. I hope this does not impact your decision to return and stay with us. We look forward to seeing you at the hotel again.