1,611 results
All reviewsbotanical gardensopera housegarden viewfull kitchenspa bathone bedroom suiteroom serviceferry terminalyour doorstepnespresso machineluna parksydney harbourwasher and dryerfantastic locationdining tablefloor to ceiling windowscruise ship
Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

Booked based on reviews and proximity to Sydney Opera House and Circular Quay as travelling with toddler and mother with mobility assistance.
Being a member of Accor loyalty I had come to expect a certain level of service and attention, when staying at Pullman. But felt let down since arrival on Easter weekend. Harbour view Room was meant to be child friendly when I called to clarify weeks before arrival, but has balcony access door with a flimsy knob at a child's height. Also has a floating glass shelf with metal brackets at exactly a toddlers head height near entrance. My daughter walked right into a couple of times and has a bruising on her temple momentarily. My fault for not researching more.

Breakfast at the restaurant which I had paid extra for on reservation was not buffet as I had initially assumed but that was fine. We also had around 10 minute wait for a table to be ready. Which was also fine but thought they should have warned us to book ahead for a timed seating if that was the case. What was not fine was the substandard service of the restaurant staff. They were probably understaffed but our family felt unwelcome at every interaction. I have had better at an Ibis.
Didn't expect this from Pullman brand.
Informed management, the F&B manager did return a phone call to listen to my feedback and hoped to make amends. What baffled me was the inability of the hotel to refund the money I and paid for breakfast for the rest of my 3 day stay as I didn't want my family to have breakfast at the same place and spoil our start for the day.
Feel a bit a ripped off as getting rooms on Easter Weekend was at a premium. But that's probably what went wrong as the hotel seemed to be understaffed. But should not be charging premium if they can't meet service standards.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Sam P, General Manager at Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2018

Dear Tharanga P,

thank you very much for leaving us a review and your time over the phone just now. Feedback like yours is very important to us and I have made note of all your comments and will share these with the management team as it gives us the opportunity to make some significant improvements to ensure this is an isolated incident.

Please accept my sincerest apology for all of the shortfalls you encountered, it is absolutely not the usual standard we pride ourselves on and it is most disheartening to read and hear of your disappointment with your time with us. I am very sorry that we have let you down!

I am grateful to hear that you gave us another chance for breakfast and enjoyed the service and offering and it is great to hear that you will give us another chance in the future and look forward to welcoming you and your family back here at Pullman Quay Grand. I personally will ensure that you have a memorable time with us for all the right reasons.

Sabrina Lorenz
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here last weekend for our 40th Wedding Anniversary. The young ladies who either checked us in or out or answered our queries were lovely & efficient.
The hotel is in an ideal location. We had a Harbour View room and looked straight out at Circular Quay. The Bridge was to our right. Spectacular views from our 10th floor room. The Botanical Gardens were across the road on the other side of hotel.
Our apartment was clean & had everything you needed if you wanted to cook (we didn't)
There a pool, sauna & a gym. The spa wasn't working
It was so easy to get to from the airport. We caught the train & got off at Circular Quay station.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Sam P, General Manager at Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2018

Dear Debra C,

thank you very much for your 5 star review. We are delighted to hear that you chose us for your celebrations - congratulations!
It is wonderful to hear that you had a great time with us and enjoyed your interactions with the team. I will of course share your kind words, I am sure they will all be delighted to hear them!

Thank you again for sharing and we certainly do hope to see you again on your next anniversary or hopefully sooner.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 21, 2018

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Sam P, General Manager at Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2018

Reviewed March 21, 2018

We recently spent three weeks at this hotel, staying in a suite on level 9 overlooking the Botanical Gardens. For us this was ideal because, as other guests have noted, prooms overlooking Circular Quay can be noisy. We thoroughly enjoyed the view of the gardens and watching all the birds, especially the parrots.
We stayed at PQG two years ago and were happy that overall it still reaches the same high standards, although there were some small issues, which I’ll mention below.
The service was excellent, and all the staff we came into contact with were friendly, helpful and professional.
The room decor, furniture, linen and appliances were all good quality and everything was cleaned well each day. As we were staying for three weeks we appreciated having our own laundry and cooking facilities, although we used the hotel restaurant a number of times and were pleased with the food and the service. We also ate at some of the many excellent nearby restaurants, and would particularly recommend Cafe Sydney and Grounds in the City. Dunbar House at Watson’s Bay is also well worth a visit.
We were impressed by the pool and sun deck overlooking Circular Quay, which we used almost every day. Both areas were clean and well maintained and we often had the pool to ourselves.
As I mentioned above, there were a few things which we felt could be improved.
We had the same experience as other guests who were turned away from the bar because it was full. One evening we were told that there would be an hour’s wait for a table and on more than one occasion the bar was closed for a private function, which is not fair to hotel residents as it’s the only bar in the hotel.
Although we were happy with our room overall, I would agree with other guests who have said that the bathroom is dated and beginning to look a bit tired (eg mould in the shower)
The Wi-fi was rather erratic and we had to keep logging in afresh. Often it took lots of attempts before we could get connected.
However, none of these things spoilt our stay and we will definitely be returning.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear amyjb12,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at the Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour.

It is wonderful to hear that you had such a pleasant experience here watching the garden side from the comfort of your suite and you enjoyed the location of the hotel. They really are million dollar views. It is unfortunate to hear that there was a downside to your stay in which here at the hotel I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to always improve the quality of our services and the hotel as a whole.

Please know that we appreciate and take all the feedback you provide on board and as a team we will work and reflect on areas needed as well as the areas you have stated. We hope that you are able to visit it in the future and that we are able to welcome you back to stay with us.

Thank you again for sharing your experience

Kind Regards,

Reviewed March 20, 2018 via mobile

The hotels facilities were amazing, my partner and I recently stayed for one night (wish it was longer) and we were so thrilled with the level of customer service we received. Everyone of the staff we encountered were lovely and so hospitable. All in all, it was a fantastic stay and we will be back.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Sam P, General Manager at Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2018

Dear Yollie95,

Thank you for you feedback from your recent stay here with us at the Pullman Quay Grand.

We are very glad you enjoyed your time with us and your feedback serves as such an incredible encouragement to all our staff here at the hotel.

We hope we get the chance to welcome you back again in the future and we look forward to providing another wonderful experience at our hotel.

Kind Regards,