“Great Rooms, Comfortable Beds and accomodating staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton on the Park, Sydney

Sheraton on the Park, Sydney
Ranked #30 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Los Angeles, California
“Great Rooms, Comfortable Beds and accomodating staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

I booked a park view room only to be put up in a room with nighttime construction going on the street. I was quickly relocated to a more quiet wing of the hotel but in a city view room instead. The bed was very comfortable and slept well only to be awoken by more construction but a a building site nearby. This went on for both days that I stayed. Not the hotel's fault but nonetheless not a pleasant experience. I was given a "complementary" upgrade to access the executive level only to be told at checkout that my room rate would remain the same as before (park view). In any case, the manager sorted it all out and reduced my rate to the city view room. I thought the room service was way overpriced but the quality and food portions were pretty good. All in all, a great hotel minus the construction nearby.

Room Tip: Book a prepaid room to save hugely on the price!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank kaotic363

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (985)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012

I have been coming here since more than 12 years and I have never been disappointed with this hotel.
However, I wish to point few little things that, in my opinion, need to be improved.
-Slow baggage delivery at the room on arrival: it's something that I have always experienced, it takes anaverage 20/30 mins to have your luggage delivered to the room. By far the slowest among various 5 stars hotels I have stayed in Sydney.
-Room service prices: I think that 36 dollars plus 8 dollars of so called service fee for a hamburger delivered to your room is ridiculous. Management should consider that all prices of room service items are too expensive.
-Housekeeping: it's 2 pm on a Sunday afternoon and, while I'm writing this review, I am still waiting for my room to be cleaned, I really would like to take a nap, but no one has showed up yet for daily cleaning...This shouldn't happen in a hotel like this.
-As a gold member, I wish one day I could get a room upgrade...I never had this privilege here at the Sheraton on the Park, unlike other tens of Starwood properties I am visiting on regular basis. Why this policy here ?
-TV: the entertainment system needs to be improved. In particular, TV program are almost everywhere digital but here. Some cheap motels have much better TV selection !

Anyway, rooms are good sized, clean and elegant, even though showing the age. Beds are confortable.
All in all, I am not unsatisfied with this hotel, however, because of the top rates they charge here, I always expect top service, anytime.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
BMercerHotelManager, General Manager at Sheraton on the Park, Sydney, responded to this review, 13 May 2012
Dear FnM,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for your patronage and loyalty to the Sheraton on the Park and apologise that you have been disappointed with your previous stay. With reference to the time taken to deliver your luggage, I can only apologise as this does exceed our standard delivery timeline. In Room Dining charges are continuously benchmark in line with all other Sydney CBD 5 Star Hotels as we endeavour to ensure we not only match but exceed the offerings of our competitors. Turn down service is available upon request via our Guest Services Department to ensure we do not disturb our guests and whilst we do endeavour to meet the room requests of all our guests; SPG Gold members receive numerous benefits of room upgrades to enhanced/preferred rooms including higher floors, corner rooms and newly renovated rooms. As the Hotel operates at high occupancies all year round, complimentary upgrades can often be challenging to accommodate. I do apologise that this has caused you such disappointment.

FnM, we hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future as on your return to the hotel we will have all guest rooms with Digital TV access.

Warm regards,

Brad Mercer
Hotel Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

We stayed for 2 nights in Jan in a park view room with our 3yr old and loved every minute of it. While not chic and modern it is elegant and contemporary exuding 5 star luxury and quality. Our room despite being of a standard Sydney room size was lovely to be in with a huge beautiful bathroom, stylish and comfortable furnishings and a wonderful view over Hyde park. The breakfast buffet was fabulous, service was friendly and efficient and the location perfect. We were very lucky to have found a great offer which included the breakfast and parking etc so am not sure it could generally fall into the 'good value' basket, however for our purposes it suited very well and we had a wonderful stay. Would stay again in a heartbeat if the occasion arose.

• Stayed January 2012
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

This hotel is very well known, provides outstanding services, beautifully appointed rooms and lovely breakfast. I was joining a group tour, we were so lucky to have the chance to stay here at a good price, love the proximity to everything, especially to Hyde park, which is excellent for morning walks. The rooms are beautifully appointed, with great design, comfortable bed, huge bathroom which comes with good quality toiletries. The breakfast spread in the morning was amongst the best i had in Sydney, son much to see with such great variety. Overall, the stay had been lovely.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Broadbeach, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

I stayed at Sheraton on the Park last weekend, what a fantastic location and truly wonderful hotel. The room we were allocated had great views and the room had everything we needed with so much attention to detail, nothing was a problem, we even requested a small plate for a birthday cake which was bought up to room promptly. The foyer area and indoor rooftop pool area was fabulous nd very well maintained. This hotel definately hits the mark on all aspects. Great buffet breakfast with plenty of variety. I would recommend this hotel to anyone especially if you want to be right in the heart of the CBD.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Dear Liz B,

Thank you for your review of our hotel, I am so pleased you had an enjoyable weekend and made the most of the sun shine for the Birthday celebrations!

I hope that we will have the opportunity to have you as our guest again the next time your travel plans bring you back to Sheraton on the Park. Appreciate your recommendation.

Warm regards,
Brad Mercer
Hotel Manager
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

I stayed here for a week on business and was very impressed.

The breakfast buffet is amazing! The hotel is very well equipped and there is also a spa which I did not get to use. The room are huge and very clean.

The service was great and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

Good location, right across from Hyde Park. Great shopping right around the corner from hotel, 15 minute walk to the Opera House. Great buffet breakfast but it can get very busy. Overall, very nice hotel.

• Stayed April 2012