I stayed here on Anzac Day Eve. Didn't find it as great as recent views suggested, but it is hard to find good accom. in Sydney unless you spend $500 a night.
Good points - great location in the Rocks, close to Circular Quay and Opera House. Nice view of harbour bridge from balcony, quiet, comfortable, self-contained kitchenette was good.
Negative points - cleanliness - there were stains like blood on the back of the bathroom door. Hair from other guests was left stuck to the walls and other surfaces from where the cleaner had wiped over. Service - not rude, but staff were indifferent. Also, I asked what time was checkout and the night desk clerk (early hours of 25 April 2012) told me straight away it was 12 noon. I felt he didn't really know, but just told me that randomly - or maybe he was trying to trick me into getting over charged. Next morning I checked again with another desk clerk and was told 12 noon was wrong - it is 10am.
Complimentary tea/coffee - no milk was provided in my room, I had to ask for it to be sent up.
I will stay elsewhere next time I find myself in Sydney.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in Sydney's colourful past in The Rocks. Select from Rendezvous Stafford Hotel Sydney's unique offing of historic Terrace Houses, One bedroom apartments and spacious Studio Rooms. This 61 room boutique hotel is a hidden treasure, the Rendezvous Stafford Hotel Sydney is only moments from Circular Quay, the Harbour Bridge and Opera House. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Toga Hotels, Travelocity.ca and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rendezvous Hotel Sydney The Rocks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Collection Sydney
- Sydney Clarion Collection
- Clarion Sydney