2,296 results
All reviewspriority guestsphere restaurantdream bedsdarling harbourfamily roompitt streetmuseum stationlate checkroom servicecentral locationconcierge staffcoles supermarketcapitol theatreking bedexecutive roomthe heart of the citymini bar
Reviewed April 3, 2018

We booked this hotel for a long weekend in Sydney and upon check-in (11pm) we were told that the hotel gym was being renovated and there was no alternative in the area, due to it being Easter weekend. I understand most hotel guests don't really care for hotel gyms, but we had specifically booked our stay there because of the on-site gym facilities, which I had confirmed with the reservations department via email. The reception staff seemed very unsympathetic, responding with "sorry about that", until I asked if we could cancel our booking so we could stay at the Rydges Central, a few blocks down. By that point, they had charged me the full amount, plus a $200 bond. They agreed to offer me a refund, however, even though it was all processed within the same hour, the refund was $30 less than what I was charged, due to a different exchange rate (plus the New Zealand Visa card fee). It would've been nice if the hotel had emailed guests prior to check-in to inform us of said renovations, as a courtesy.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EKGK
Matt G, Manager at Rydges World Square Sydney Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Hi EKGK,

Thank you for the feedback from your stay. I do apologise for not having a gym available for your stay. Initial plans were to have the gym fully functioning for the Easter long weekend however we ran into some last minute complications. I'm disappointing about the lack of empathy you received from our team. I will ensure that this is followed up as a priority as well as refunding you the $30 difference for the bond refund.

Again, I apologise for the negative experience of our hotel. Should you be back in Sydney in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I'll ensure that you are well looked after by the team.

Matthew Guy
Executive Assistant Manager

Reviewed April 2, 2018

We stayed at this hotel for three nights after cruising round Australia and New Zealand. Our room was not ready but it was only 10.30 in the morning they kept our luggage as we went exploring. On arriving back at the hotel in the early afternoon we were upgraded to an executive suite and this room was huge with a lovely bathroom. All staff were very friendly and the concierge was very helpful with maps and directions. It is really central for bus and train stations and shopping malls and so many cafes and restaurants.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor and it was so quiet except for the person next door snoring heavily.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank merc48

Hi Merc48,

Thank you for the excellent feedback from your. All in all it's great to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel.

The Rydges WOrld Square Team

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Rydes World Square for a business trip. This is a great location whether it be for business or pleasure. The hotel reception check in was somewhat a little disorganised. Has we had arrived as a group of three, all staying in separate rooms, we noted that they had somehow managed to want to charge one of us and not the other two. All three bookings where done at the same time so this seemed unusual. It was all worked out in the end but took some time!
Some of the rooms have been re styled others haven’t. They were all very clean and the daily housekeeping was great!
The breakfast would suit most but definitely not someone following a vegan diet. The Bar and Restaurant were great. Porter and valet also great service.
Super easy to get a taxi, close to other Restaurants, China Town , Central Station, Darling Harbour, Entertainment Centre etc

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Matt G, Manager at Rydges World Square Sydney Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2018

Hi SommerAaron,

Thank you for feedback from your stay. We take all feedback seriously and use this to better equip our team and procedures. I do apologise about the confusion on check in. I have addressed this with the Front Office Manager and staff at the most recent team meeting. We are pleased to hear that your experience in other areas of our hotel was more positive.

The Rydges World Square Team

Reviewed March 31, 2018

I want to express my grievance and hope that you can address the issues.In my recent stay at the Rydges World Square Sydney from 22 to 28 March, I found the following issues of the hotel:

1) Everyday housekeeping especially cleaning was not thorough. We found hair on the floor when we first checked in!

2) Constantly missing the refills for misc items such as box tissues, tea bags, laundry bags, shower gels, etc.

3) What really bothering me was that, during my entire 8 days of staying in the hotel, the breakfast never changed a bit. All the food items were the same everyday, not even one item. This is horrible and I've never stayed in a hotel that keeps breakfast menu unchanged everyday (considering myself a frequent traveler).

4) The waitress of the breakfast restaurant were not capable to communicate in English.

I am a member of various hotels and I've chosen Rydges over my usual hotel choices because of the location. However, my experience with the hotel disappoints me.
My confidence towards the hotel has obviously been damaged.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Hi Eddie,

Thank you for the feedback. I do apologise for the negative experience and what is definitely not the usual level that Rydges operate.

I have made sure that the below points have been addressed with the relevant team members. We take all feedback seriously and I will ensure that each point is addressed appropriately.

I do thank you for your feedback and again apologise for your negative experience.

Should you require accommodation in the near future please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I'll ensure that you are well looked after by the team.

Matthew Guy |
Executive Assistant Manager – Rydges World Square

Reviewed March 30, 2018

Surly check-in staff. Although they appeared friendly enough to the Asian air line crews staying there.
Pretty average room. Limited bathroom amenities...obviously scrimping.
No breakfast included in a rather expensive room rate.
No worth the star rating or room rates

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Hi Andrew R,

Thank you for the feedback. I'm follow up your comments about amenities as our standard amenities per room which we replaced daily when used we feel are quite generous.

The Rydges World Square Team