3,317 results
All reviewsdarling harbourclub roomgreat locationbuffet breakfasttown hall stationroom was spaciousqueen victoria buildingan upgradean easy walkgeorge streetcentral locationopera housechinatownconciergeghafreewayimax
Reviewed April 4, 2018

i booked with the hotel for 5 nights and I cut short my stay. There was a promotion that says free upgrade on availability which I did not receive and that is fine. But front counter was not able to explain to me why will club facilities be sold out.
Breakfast was decent but no one came to clear the plates so we had to stacked it up and still I dun think anyone bothers if falls to the ground. I had a very friendly staff who came over and asked if I wanted coffee or tea and I was pleasantly surprised and I commented that I did not had anyone asking me the morning before. Hilarious reply from her that the first order is complimentary and she repeated 4 times. Geez, time to brush up my English.
No one bothered to set up the sofa bed till I called and no surprise there is no housekeeping and the concierge came to help. He is friendly and he helped to get an extra set of towels and toiletries etc for me.
I believe hotel is the main factor that will make or break the entire trip. In this case Parkroyal has definitely make my trip miserable.

To the management - will be a fantastic idea to clean the dust on the curtains periodically. Bathtub definitely needs a good scrub. Oh yes! a layer of dust on the toiletries box?

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank Esteroid
Jeroen M, General Manager at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2018

Dear Esteroid,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us after your recent stay.

We appreciate your time in providing us with detailed feedback and we apologise for not meeting your expectations and for the inconvenience you encountered with the sofa bed not being made up and the quality of cleaning in your room. I will certainly be sharing your feedback with my relevant teams to understand how we could have better met and exceeded your expectations. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 3, 2018

stayed here for 3 days prior to joining our cruise ship, staff very friendly and helpful, room spotless clean and comfortable ,food morning and evening was very good, just a 5minute walk to darling harbour, would definitely stay here again thanks

Room Tip: ask for a harbour view
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ann f
Jeroen M, General Manager at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2018

Dear ann f,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor, we appreciate your valuable feedback,.

It is our aim to create a friendly atmosphere for all our guests. I was pleased to read that our staff provided great service and you loved the comfortable rooms. It’s great to hear next time you're in Sydney you will choose to stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Closer practically to Chinatown then to Darling Harbor, but okay location, as you have a 10 minute walk to get to DH.
Room pretty blah- pretty much a business hotel as it is near to convention centre too. Very good bellstaff and front desk staff that aimed to please. We had a special rate. Be choosy.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Jeroen M, General Manager at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Dear jcnmac,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay with us at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour. It’s great that you found the staff at the hotel very good. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 2, 2018

We recently spent 7 nights at the ParkRoyal in Sydney and we would do it again upon our next visit. The location of the hotel in Darling Harbour was perfect for our needs adjacent to the harbour and within a short walking distance to shopping and all forms of transportation. The staff were extremely accommodating and helped us organize tours of Sidney and the environs and each tour and respective guide were terrific. The rooms were large and clean. Looking forward to our return.

Room Tip: cannot comment we were on the 8th floor and away from the main thoroughfare.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

Dear Rippedoff11,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay with us at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour. It’s great that you found the hotel perfect for all your needs and that you will stay again next time you are in Sydney. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is expensive but if you snaffle it when it is on a special, it is a winner!
Location - perfect. Right next to darling harbour restaurants. Walking distance to pitt street shopping. You can also walk to circular quay or a short uber ride (approx $10). Room was spacious and clean with a comfy bed and all the necessities. We also had a pretty good view of darling harbour. We stayed for a special occasion, the staff commented on this and gave my husband a welcome treat which was a nice touch. We got upgraded to a club room which included free daily water, newspaper, 2 pieces of laundry free and 2 hrs free drinks and nibbles each night in the 'club lounge'. Breakfast was included but come saturday of the easter weekend the line was huge. We went to the other level to the club lounge as we had access but we couldnt get a coffee for 30mins :O (as they had to get it downstairs anyway). The coffee in the main breakfast area on the other days was delish - nice cappuccino (and I'm fussy with my coffee). Staff service was great. Would definitely recommend if you can get it on special.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear hkcrawf,

It is our honour to receive such delightful feedback! It is our aim to create a warm and hospitable environment for all our guests. I was pleased to read that our staff provided great service and that you enjoyed our club rooms and benefits. It’s great to hear that you will recommend us and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.