See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 23, 2016

This place needs bulldozing even that wouldn't rid the vermon in the bedrooms. it looked ok when I arrived in the door, when I got to the bedroom it was crawling in cockroaches mossies on the bed everywhere then I took my shoes of and my socks imapailled into the pissy smelly disgusting carpet. The manager wouldn't even give me a discount for the night. 50 bucks of living helleven think about making yourself food in the kitchen pissy filth stinks. I didn't receive my key deposit. PLZ Just dont stay here!!!! NIGHTMARE

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed April 6, 2015

I stayed here for one night and that was terrible.
Roaches, dirty beds, rude and always drunk manager, junkie residents, dirty toilets, no water in bathrooms, no fridge, no kitchen, no room cleaning. I stayed at streets for one week - that was much more better. Just imagine. The 25 bucks per night you pay for staying in this place you could spend on 2 course meal, cinema ticket or a t-shirt.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank Gromov_Anthony
Reviewed February 18, 2015

1) Bugs on bed, walls, floor, kitchen. Parasites on bed. I woke up with multiple bites over my body and swelling leg.
2) rooms, beds, toilets never get cleaned. there is no cleaner.
3) There is no fridge. There actually is one in the "kitchen" - but it's "manager's", And it is "officially" written (with a pen) that all customer food will be thrown out of it.
4) no wifi, no toilet papers, no soap, no towels, no breakfast - which are included in other hostel next door for the same price.
5) people who live there are
1. crazy aboriginal who lives there for years and takes half of the room. smokes there, walks without pants, cooks there, watching tv while people sleeping
2. sociofobic asian
3.80 years old guy with sir manners
4. 1night stand walkiners- away runners/
6) It is 25 bucks per day. Add 3more and go to any backpackers accomodation with clean rooms, free wifi, free breakfast, fridge, tv, activities, friendly staff and young people staying there.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms. Just avoid this place.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank kriosu
Reviewed January 7, 2015 via mobile

Against my wishes I stayed here for one night only. Everywhere else in Sydney was booked as it was the Christmas/New Years holidays. We were told it was $30 a night but when the person that worked there thought we would find somewhere else, dropped the price to $25. Alarm bells should have gone off then ! The place was dirty, smelly and infested with cockroaches and bed bugs. The bathrooms were a joke altogether. The kitchen couldn't even be called a kitchen. Lacked a couple of walls and a ceiling. To be fair the room was a decent size and the woman who worked there was ever so nice and chatty. I can safely say as a backpacker that I've seen many a hostel but this is one I will never step foot in again. It's a shame really because for the size and the location if it was done properly this could have been a little gem of a hostel!

• Stayed: December 2014
3  Thank magaggie999
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Yes, a lot of them. Big ones, small ones, medium ones. Black, grey and brown. On the beds, in the beds, in cupboards, on tables. In the kitchen (we found some "swimming" in electric kettles too), in toilets, in the hall. Everywhere. The place is dirty, inhabatited by some strange people, but it is cheap. If I haven't paid for three nights in advance, I'd run away after the first of them. Terrible place, terrible.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple