“Looks the goods, but....”
Review of Vivo

Vivo
Ranked #1,187 of 6,789 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Contemporary
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed April 4, 2018

I stopped by Vivo for a coffee and cake after eating my mains elsewhere. The cafe was very busy, though at 1.30 pm, it was nearing the end of lunch. On arrival and waiting for a seat, two female staff chatting did not notice me at the entrance for a while. I was shown to a table amongst the crowd, not far from the doorway. I ordered a large soy cappuccino and asked what muffins are available, berry or chocolate were the options, so I chose chocolate and the order was repeated by the waitress. Service was quite quick, a waiter provided me a large well made Soy Cap and a sliced up muffin. It looked delicious and after my first bite, I found the muffin to be a Berry one. I don't like wasting food, so as a typical Aussie male, I just accepted it. And I am noting it here, though. I watched as the people around me ordered their lunches. One table of two men was served quickly and obtained their food within 5 minutes, the other side ordered almost the same time and they waited 15 minutes. I would imagine they would need to eat it quickly, so as not to return to work late. At least my muffin was fresh and the coffee tasted nice. There are so many cafes in the CBD, it is unlikely that I will stop there again.

Reviewed March 11, 2018

Today at about 1.30pm I had to assist a blind person to walk from Wynyard to the Telstra shop at 400 George St. Twice not once we had to go around A frames stuck in the public concourse which are owned by your café. One is pictured. After moving both back to your café I was abused by the manager and told he had every right to put these here. When I pointed out the danger and how lucky how was to have sight all I get is further abuse. The smaller A frame more easy to trip over was put right back where it was basically saying I dare you to do something.

1  Thank David R
Reviewed January 12, 2018

My husband and I had breakfast at this cafe recently. The food was tasty and inexpensive. Good selection of dishes. A good place for a nice, quick breakfast

Reviewed September 27, 2017 via mobile

We stopped for a quick coffee or juice and I just had to take this photo of this orange juice as it looks amazing my friend gave it too marks.

Reviewed September 25, 2017 via mobile

Great base in the city every time I'm there. Have had meetings, functions, catch ups with friends and also time to regroup between meetings just on my own. Angela and Con are great hosts and the food is always first class. Highly recommended.