“Fresh and tasty breakfast”
Review of MO Surry Hills

MO Surry Hills
Ranked #26 of 6,741 Restaurants in Sydney
Price range: US$2 - US$13
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Surry Hills
Description: Killer coffee, incredible food and a relaxed vibe right in the heart of Surry Hills. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Reviewed February 26, 2018

First morning in Sydney after long haul flight from UK. Found this place round the corner from where we are staying. Inconspicuous outside, inside, light, clean and chilled atmosphere, obviously popular with locals. Friendly service, greeted straightaway and invited to choose a table. Great choice of freshly cooked breakfast. We chose the full cooked breakfast, and smashed avocado on toasted sour dough bread. Good presentation and perfect cooked poached eggs. A good brew of tea with proper leaves.

Reviewed February 23, 2018 via mobile

We just bumped in here for a quick breakfast. Tasty banana bread, great pancakes, delicious avocado-bread with salad. Simple but good smoothies. Relaxed atmosphere. Inside & outside seating. Friendly and helpful team.

Reviewed February 21, 2018 via mobile

We had breakfast here on two occasions. First day a English gentleman was lovely. He was very helpful and extremely friendly. He went through the menu to accommodate a glutton free vegetarian breakfast. We were so impressed we returned the next day. This was a different experience, it was very busy but not much more than the previous day.we waited ages for our order to be taken, I asked for my tea after I had eaten and was told that was fine. After I finished eating I asked for my pot of tea and basically I waited while everyone wanting coffee was served, these people were after me in the queue. After 20 minutes I gave up and cancelled the tea, I did receive a brief apology but the customer service was poor.

Reviewed February 15, 2018

MO Surry Hills was just around the corner from my hotel, which made its proximity perfect for my arrival evening meal and breakfast the next morning. And despite being in the Surry Hills/Darlinghurst area with its multitude of options, those initial meals saw me returning twice more.

Two evening meals (Fish of the Day special; Massaman beef curry) and two breakfasts (MO Big Breakfast; Pesto Hash Browns) all hit the spot. The venue is comfortable and the staff easy going and efficient (there was no body language encouraging me to depart as soon as the meal was finished).

I look forward to returning on my next visit to Sydney.

1  Thank David M
Reviewed February 14, 2018 via mobile

As usual the guys here were amazing. Always great food, great atmosphere and the boys always go out of the way to make you feel welcome.

Generous food size, easy to navigate menu and nice cozy feel! Really made our night!

We will always come back here :)