“Amazing Fine Dining For a Special Occasion”
Review of est.

est.
Ranked #19 of 6,846 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: Dining at est. is a finely-tuned dance. A balance between the drama of this timeless setting, within a heritage-listed building, and the contemporary Australian food, executed with precision. The seasonally-driven menu continually evolves and explores the interplay of classic flavours with local ingredients.
Reviewed July 10, 2017

My Wife and I ate here for my wife birthday. We loved it. The food is 5 stars, the service is 5 stars, the ambience is 5 stars and I really could not fault a single thing. If you are looking for a venue for a special occasion, EST has to be up there in my opinion.

Reviewed July 10, 2017

Visited Est on Saturday night for my husband's birthday. From the time you are met at the door and taken up to the restaurant you know you are in for a special experience and it doesn't disappoint. The four course dinner was well balanced and full of favour, starting with the spanner crab and ending with a passion fruit soufflé, followed by an amazing expression martini. Nice touch as well that we mentioned we were there for a birthday and they brought a cake to celebrate. Only small criticism is that when you pay $40 for a glass of Verve champagne you would like the glass filled up!

Reviewed July 7, 2017

I had dinner at est. last week with some friends. We did take the tasting menu. It was wonderful! We started with some Sydney Rock Oysters. I think you won't find any better in Australia! The first course (scallop sashimi) was incredibly good. Never tasted something similar before. My favorite course was the main - Blackmore Wagyu Rump Cap - INCREDIBLE! It was as well the best cheese platter I ever had with a fruit bread I will miss a lot! Great compliments to the chefs for this amazing menu! The restaurant is beautiful and the staff is just lovely and very attentive. Thank you Stephanie for looking after as that well. We didn't take the matching wines but ordered some bottles individually instead. We got wonderful recommendations from the knowledgeable sommelier.
Thanks to the whole team! This was our last night in Sydney and you made it real special for us. This is not just dinner. This is a once in a lifetime experience.

Reviewed July 5, 2017

From the moment Lucinda greeted us at the door to the time we left, our experience was superior. We had the chef's tasting menu, served expertly to us by Sudhir and Ivan. I appreciated sommelier Adam's thoughtful choices and explanations for the enhanced wine pairing. The highlight of the meal was the signature cod dish -- we are still talking about it several days later. If I ever return to Sydney, est. will be on the list of must-dos.

1  Thank TheJulieBubble
Reviewed June 25, 2017 via mobile

Been there a few times for lunch with work, but this was the first time for dinner and with friends. Definitely an upmarket experience I would recommend for a special occasion with quality service, amazing food and friendly staff.