“Nice spot for lunch and a beer”
Review of The Republic

The Republic
Ranked #3,353 of 6,781 Restaurants in Sydney
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed May 10, 2017

Killing time before meeting friends, I popped in to this classic pub for a bite and a brew. This is a decent pub - reasonable prices for good pub food with prompt service. Nothing special, but no complaints whatsoever.
The pulled pork tacos were moist and flavorful, seasoned very nicely.
If you can, grab a seat by the open windows and do some people-watching as you quaff your suds.

Reviewed May 6, 2017 via mobile

I was encouraged to go here by a business colleague who assured me we could eat, drink, talk and chill..

And how right he was. We ate on the first floor, were quickly seated and the service was just perfect.. relaxed and unobtrusive yet attentive.

The food was simple yet perfectly composed and the wine list was a perfect match. It is no wonder that there are so many other patrons who also know the secret of this venue.

Just lovely. Discreet, good service and great food.. and not a venue that obviously promotes itself. Perfect.

Reviewed March 31, 2017 via mobile

Don't want to think it's sexuality or colour based but I got allowed in and allowed a drink before a bouncer at rooftop bar told me and another gay friend we were intoxicated while other friends (white and straight) were fine. I asked if I could stay and not drink but not allowed. Not worth the discrimination

Reviewed March 9, 2017

Stumbled in to this place while looking for a nice lunch stop for a 'beer and burger'. On the third floor upstairs is a partially covered patio and fantastic setting with sun, couches, bistro tables and a full bar. Great beer and wine selection and a somewhat limited food menu. Food was ok (I had the chipotle chicken sandwich) however you would be hard pressed to find a cooler spot to hang out for a drink. Jam packed with the after work crowd, we visited three times in a four day visit!

Reviewed December 20, 2016

Had the sliders and wedges with sour cream, yum. Great selection of food and drinks. Prompt service, with a smile.