“A revisit did not disappoint”
Review of The Republic

The Republic
Ranked #4,019 of 6,058 Restaurants in Sydney
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 8 October 2017

We first had a meal here 2 years ago when visiting Sydney. We enjoyed it so much, it was the first thing we booked on a return weekend away. It did not disappoint - fine service and a great menu, finely prepared. The rest of the pub seems to consist of noisy bars full of shouty 20 somethings, but the restaurant is well worth a visit.

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

Popped in for a quick beer last evening. It's a great little place. Friendly staff and good service. Easy to get to from circular quay. Not too pricy either.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

Killing time before meeting friends, I popped in to this classic pub for a bite and a brew. This is a decent pub - reasonable prices for good pub food with prompt service. Nothing special, but no complaints whatsoever.
The pulled pork tacos were moist and flavorful, seasoned very nicely.
If you can, grab a seat by the open windows and do some people-watching as you quaff your suds.

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

I was encouraged to go here by a business colleague who assured me we could eat, drink, talk and chill..

And how right he was. We ate on the first floor, were quickly seated and the service was just perfect.. relaxed and unobtrusive yet attentive.

The food was simple yet perfectly composed and the wine list was a perfect match. It is no wonder that there are so many other patrons who also know the secret of this venue.

Just lovely. Discreet, good service and great food.. and not a venue that obviously promotes itself. Perfect.

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

Don't want to think it's sexuality or colour based but I got allowed in and allowed a drink before a bouncer at rooftop bar told me and another gay friend we were intoxicated while other friends (white and straight) were fine. I asked if I could stay and not drink but not allowed. Not worth the discrimination