All reviews rooftop bar top floor millers point harbour bridge spicy cauliflower shared balcony breakfast vouchers quaint hotel plenty of hot water cheese platter rocks area of sydney rooms are small amazing location visiting sydney barangaroo palisades mozzie
Reviewed March 12, 2018

This calls itself a boutique hotel but it is just a few rooms above a workman's pub. One girl pulling pints behind a public bar with crusty menus and dirty windows who told me that I would just have to wait until she served a group of workers in hobnailed boots before she could tell me if I even was booked in. I explained I had a taxi running up a fare outside but she said there was no one to help and no one to help with bags and it would take quite a while before there would be any help. I eventually got someone's attention and I asked to see the room and it was very dark with small windows and a large air conditioner with a pipe going out of one of them, with a tube running into a waste paper basket to take the water outflow. I said this was not what I expected and was told in a very schoolmistressly tone that this was a BOUTIQUE hotel and that there was a warning that entry was through a noisy pub (the terms say that the keys are collected from the public bar which could be perfectly Ok if the bar was not a noisy workman's pub and you are told this AFTER YOU BOOK in any case). I have stayed in many lovely boutique hotels around the world and it is not the case that you should expect to fight your way through workmen drinking beer to get attention!
The good news is that they agreed not to charge if we went elsewhere 'because I would make a fuss if they didn't' . Had they even managed to be gracious at this point I would not be writing this review.
This may be cheaper than some other places to stay in Sydney but it is certainly not value for money or even a pleasant experience.

4  Thank marshall539
Reviewed March 9, 2018

We got there way before check-in...we were able to leave bags. Went to check out neighborhood and look for a lunch place with a view. Stopped at a few hotels and one doorman said...go to the Hotel Palisade. I laughed as I said that is where we are staying!
It was a super view then gave us a good idea of lay of land. Could see Barangaroo Park
below and learned they were having a number of free concerts. We went to one and it was rock but easy listening as well...lots of families. Also at back area of hotel found an elevator that took us down to the waters edge and other walking paths.
We stayed in the Alice Muskett room. Was very small but the outside balcony and view more then made up for size of room. We put some of our luggage out there. The refrigerator was full of items to buy and some complimentary fruit. Only place we could figure we could plug in tea pot ...was the bathroom. I would suggest a better place could be found. There is dead space behind entrance door where they could put up some clothes hooks and/or shelves for storage. Also the bath needs more shelves somewhere for bath items.

Staff was nice but surprised they did not mention the upstairs lovely cafe rooftop garden...perhaps competes with the downstairs Pub. One of the patrons told us that it was the last stop for a drink before soldiers would go to ships in WWII.

A block away at One Bond there is a deli that we loved...great take away or stay. Prices were great and nice lattes and drinks. Elevator in building takes one down to Hickson Road and Pier 4 &5. The Roslyn Packer theater is there...across the street is Hop on Hop off Bus stop TEMPORARY LOCATION WHICH WE WERE NOT TOLD BY BUSS COMPANY. Due to the new Metro that will be going in to that area. Which will add to it's already convenient location. Would stay there again. Bed was comfy.

Room Tip: There are rooms that are larger...we wanted one with a view and this one has a great view of the Sydney Harbor Bridge.
Reviewed February 26, 2018

It was a special night from the moment we arrived. Joe, from the public bar, welcomed us with a drink and a chat, then gave us the keys to the William Bennetts room. Upgraded - WOW! What an amazing room, we could see the Harbour Bridge from bed!!! We finished off the evening with a cocktail upstairs and one of the bar staff took a fantastic photo of us - with that view. My other half doesn't photograph well, so she was right to say she was a professional. But I think she gets some practice.
Highly recommended venue for any occasion.

3  Thank Will0ughby
Reviewed February 10, 2018 via mobile

Fantastic service and beautifully renovated heritage rooms with a fabulous buzzy cocktail bar/restaurant on the roof. Spectacular views and Sydney is at your doorstep in this location. Free drink on arrival and breakfast voucher are great touches. Room enhanced by luxurious Sibella Court designed finishes. A really unique and memorable place to stay

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Suzanne D
Reviewed February 4, 2018

Great place, full of character. Good pub downstairs with a variety of beers, cocktail bar upstairs with amazing views. Very friendly helpful staff. The room was small but delightful, also had great views and a balcony. They give you breakfast vouchers for a cafe down the road which was great too. Our only small issue is the loo paper is cheap and flimsy and we left the windows open to catch the breeze and should have closed the net curtains as we got invaded by mozzies, but that was totally our fault and so just a tip for anyone staying. I think some of the beds have mozzie nets too. As a heritage building they can't go putting up fly screens and installing aircon. All in all a unique place and we'd love to stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple