1,815 results
All reviews double tree resident peacock hanuman restaurant golf course asian restaurant mountain view pool area room service business trip a bit tired comfortable hotel guest laundry mcdonnell ranges buffet breakfast town centre car park nice pool
Reviewed April 9, 2017

We stay at this hotel regularly when we visit Alice Springs and love this hotel. Spent three nights here last week. We love the rooms (in this case we couldn't get a junior suite as the hotel was full and we booked only two weeks out) so were in a range view room 229). Sitting on the balcony sipping a wine at sunset is priceless. Room was good. Breakfast buffet was great and clear efforts to offer different options for regular visitors. Staff here were excellent. However there were a series of minor problems this visit that haven't happened before. On check in I was told my rate did not include breakfast despite my HHonours app and booking email showing this. Staff agreed but needed me to forward the email as their system for some reason was showing room only. On check out and skimming my bill I found that we had been charged for 4 nights not three but staff confirmed this was a 'ghost entry' that I would not be charged for. We did the High tea in the Deck Restaurant and it was great (they didn't charge for the kids and bought them hot chocolate). We ate in Hanuman without the kids and it was excellent (although busy). Ordering from the pool used to be easy as there used to be a menu by the phone (now no longer there). Asking for kids options was a mistake as I was told that they could do chicken nuggets so ordered 6 (lost in translation and we ended up with 6 plates of chicken tenders). We enjoy the pool area but aside from the missing menu there was a tattered laminated sign hanging upside down telling people that the pool was for hotel guests only (clearly being ignored). On our last day I ordered a beer from the pool phone but rang back to cancel it after 50 minutes. Aside from these minor issues we had an excellent stay (the kids love the peacock). This is probably the best hotel in Alice. We'll be back but clearly there are some computer glitches and minor service issues. We note the effort of the hotel to go environmentally friendly and have the room service menus and compendiums on the TV and this is to be commended!

Room tip: go for the rooms that view the Mac ranges!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ozcookie1
Todd G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alice Springs, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2017

Dear ozcookie1,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Alice Springs.

Thanks for your comments, they are certainly valued and give me opportunity to share with the team, it is certainly disappointing to read that you did have some niggling issues, as a regular guest please accept my sincere apologies. We are absolutely committed to providing great customer service day in, day out, so i will use this feedback to drive improvements.

I'm particularly pleased that you found our move to electronic compendiums a positive environmental step.

I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back next time

Reviewed April 9, 2017

Found the hotel very out dated, things don't work and is in need of an upgrade urgently. Hot water is limited, rooms have fittings falling apart. Expensive for what you get. Breakfast very boring, no chef in sight cooking different types of eggs like most other hotels. Hope you like scrabbled eggs, liquid style. I have stayed here before, 18 months ago and it was a lot better. Trouble is place is becoming run down. I stayed on the Honours Floor which should of been better. Staff do there best with what they have. Don't have a ground floor room as we have had the room broken in to in the past.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Bruce L,

I appreciate your comments and have passed onto the team for review. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back on a future occasion

Reviewed April 8, 2017

Room was lovely, we stayed for the night of 8th April in room 276. On arrival we were greated by very pleasant staff who gave us the customery cookie which as always was scrummy.
We received a lovely botttle of bubbly off the management for our anniversary which was a lovely surprise.
The room was lovely and clean and large and the view wasnt too bad overlooking gardens.
We didn't have our evening meal in the hotel but breakfast was lovely and the staff on duty in the breakfast room were very friendly.
Well done Doubletree for making our stay such a good one

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Carolyn H,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your experience.

We certainly appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back on a future occasion.

Reviewed April 7, 2017

I feel this is the best accomodation in Alice Springs. The staff are always friendly, and do everything they can to ensure the guests are satisfied. The rooms are spacious and quiet. The beds are great.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear richardX9760HZ,

Thanks for your comments, they are certainly valued. I'm particularly pleased that you found our team friendly and helpful and have duly shared you comments.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back on a future occasion.

Kind Regards Todd

Reviewed April 7, 2017 via mobile

This was a good hotel catering for travellers and corporate alike pretty typical Hilton. Good facilities in room excellent large bed great nights sleep. Room decor a little tired especially the carpet. Good pool and pool bar facility bar only open certain days though. Excellent breakfast worth paying the $22 a head as you get everything and it's a good choice. The in house Thai restaurant Hanuman is very good and apparently best restaurant in Alice.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Avril O,

Thankyou for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Alice Springs.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our F&B facilities excellent.

I look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion