“Give it a miss”

Ranked #10 of 402 Restaurants in Darwin
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Tims Surf and Turf restaurant opened March 24th 1994, 24 years later and still a local favourite. specialize in Wagyu Steak, seafood and the biggest chicken parmy in the universe, we are open 6 days for 3 and a half hours a day and feeds over 1,000 people a week with that kind of patronage you are guaranteed fresh produce delivered daily. dress code; have a shower smell nice and dress like you are going to a mates place for dinner. Biggest response from customers are;- 1. Excellent food and value for money! 2. best steak I have ever had! 3. meals to big, can I have a takeaway container? 4. wonderful happy staff you have. 5. I wish we found you guys sooner. 6. See you again!
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Tim's receives great reviews on Trip Adviser, so I thought I would try it.

Obviously a case of mixed expectations. The potions are large, hearty if you like. I had Barra and prawns with salad. Be aware this is pub food, simple, fried and over-cooked, with basic salad drenched in what tasted like a supermarket Italian dressing.

The courtyard setting is nice and well suited to Darwin, adding to the tropical feel.

A terribly limited selection of wines and mine was close to horrible. Really cheap. There are lots better places to eat around town. People clearly love the place, I'm obviously the wrong clientele. I'd give it a miss.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

Tim was recommended to us by Rohan, our fishing guide. We had been fishing with Rohan and caught some great barramundi and mud crabs. As we were staying in a Hotel, we weren't sure how to 'cook them'. I called Tim on the day and he was most obliging. Dropped off the produce and then 11 of us went to dinner that night. What a magnificent feast. The chef's did our catch proud, and Tim provided chips and salad AND entertainment. We ordered some oysters and calamari which were superb and the drinks were well priced and of the best quality. My clients and colleagues will rave about this meal for years to come. Thanks Tim and team....

1  Thank JuliRush
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Nice place. You come in and order what you'd like, regular portions (huge) or small portions. I had barramundi was very happy. The fish was fresh and prepared well, and did not disappoint. Go up to the bar and get a generous pour of your choice... and voila, a nice evening. We would recommend.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Ok location with a good atmosphere. Great food with fun and friendly staff. Will definitely return. Thanks for a great night.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

This restaurant was recommended and can see why. Great atmosphere and wonderful service. Seafood was fresh and beautifully prepared. Even got a magic trick towards the end of the evening.

Would not hesitate going back and recommending to family and friends