“Surrounded by happy people”

Tim's Surf & Turf Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 402 Restaurants in Darwin
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Tims Surf and Turf restaurant opened March 24th 1994, 24 years later and still a local favourite. specialize in Wagyu Steak, seafood and the biggest chicken parmy in the universe, we are open 6 days for 3 and a half hours a day and feeds over 1,000 people a week with that kind of patronage you are guaranteed fresh produce delivered daily. dress code; have a shower smell nice and dress like you are going to a mates place for dinner. Biggest response from customers are;- 1. Excellent food and value for money! 2. best steak I have ever had! 3. meals to big, can I have a takeaway container? 4. wonderful happy staff you have. 5. I wish we found you guys sooner. 6. See you again!
Reviewed 17 September 2017

Tim's was recommended by many and for good reason. My sister and I had great meals and loved the atmosphere of the place. All around us were families and friends obviously enjoying themselves. Tim is a charmer, his staff are all friendly and obliging and it made our evening very pleasurable. Tim promised me the best rump steak ever and he delivered. Thanks guys.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

We asked our tour guide for a suggestion as we wanted to try crocodile.

And he didn't hesitate recommending this place, so we walked in off the street on a Sunday night to find a little palm tree oasis half full.

We tried a crocodile snitzel & a barramundi dish & both were well cooked with plenty of flavour.

The service from the floor was friendly, while the food from the kitchen was timely.

Both our meals were the smaller size offering, which was still of a good size.

Thanks for the good tip Leigh!

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

I have been a frequent visitor to Tim's in Townsville and previously in Cullen Bay, so was really looking forward to some excellent quality seafood and steak at the Darwin City restaurant. We arrived at opening time which allowed us to go straight to a table. 30 min later the line up was out the door and onto the footpath - yes, this place is popular!

We ordered seafood, steak, crocodile and breads. It all and arrived fairly quickly, but the croc and calamari were disappointingly over-cooked and tough. There are very few wait staff, so the bar area becomes very crowded with patrons waiting for tables, ordering food and drinks or looking for bathrooms. The bar staff are good and friendly, but it would have been a much better experience from a service perspective if table service was available.

It was a Saturday night dinner, so I'll give them a pass on being busy, but after spending around $200 for a dinner for two, the value really wasn't in it.

I won't be back.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

We were fortunate guests here where our hosts fished and provided Tim with their lovely barramundi and mud crabs catch that morning.

Tim and his team prepared the food in several different ways -something for everyone and along with fresh oysters and beautiful salads we had ourselves a fantastic meal not soon forgotten.

The restaurant itself is something to see, very inviting and very 'Darwin'. Highly recommend this for any meal and you do not have to catch your own!!

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Tim's receives great reviews on Trip Adviser, so I thought I would try it.

Obviously a case of mixed expectations. The potions are large, hearty if you like. I had Barra and prawns with salad. Be aware this is pub food, simple, fried and over-cooked, with basic salad drenched in what tasted like a supermarket Italian dressing.

The courtyard setting is nice and well suited to Darwin, adding to the tropical feel.

A terribly limited selection of wines and mine was close to horrible. Really cheap. There are lots better places to eat around town. People clearly love the place, I'm obviously the wrong clientele. I'd give it a miss.