“Great service and food!”
Review of Flute

Flute
Ranked #412 of 4,896 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went to flute on Harries Road with mothers group. Plenty of space for all our prams. Staff were lovely and kind! Corn fritter cakes delicious!!! Def come back!

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Had breakfast here and loved it. Great, attentive service and really delicious meals. Drinks and meals looked amazing too. Can’t wait to visit Flute at Coorparoo when in Brisbane again. Just wished you could split bills though when paying.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

We went to the Harries Rd, Cafe in Coorparoo for a lunch on a public holiday and were very disappointed. We have been at the Cav Rd Flute many times before and were always very happy.

The service was bad and slow (even though not many people were there), food was very average to say the least. There was nothing on the menu that my husband and I wanted to eat - so we went hungry.

We ordered food and milkshakes for our children. I found out their milkshakes aren't made in the normal way - i.e. milk, icecream and flavouring, but rather with a machine that uses powder and a disposable cup and seals a plastic lid on the top (see photo's).

One of my children (both under 5yo) almost choked on something and had it in her mouth. It was plastic in her drink. I told them not to have any more milkshake as it was obviously unsafe to do so. Which was such a disappointment for them as they missed out on a treat.

When I mentioned the plastic to the waiter he appeared a little bit concerned. Later I raised it with the manager as we were leaving. The manager said - oh it will only be from the machine, it's not toxic or anything. Plastic not toxic! I said the same - and he was not bothered in the least. I said it was totally unacceptable. He didn't even apologise but told the waiter to take one milkshake off our bill. We still expected us to pay for the other. We were also hit with a 20% public holiday surcharge - even though our lunch had been ruined.

Needless to say I won't be going there again nor will I be recommending it to anyone.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

Flute provides excellent meals at very reasonable prices. Staff are very friendly and immaculately presented. We had lunch with my sister last week and the food was excellent. Really good sized meals and we struggled to get through them. Coffee is great the the chocolate milk shakes are heavenly!

Reviewed 4 February 2018

I love this restaurant but at breakfast on Saturday our order was forgotten and then our eggs were served slightly warm. I think I will have to stay at Cav Road.

1  Thank N0Kitchen