I had booked two rooms for a weekend away with my family - a king guest room for Grandma and a double room for family with small child. The intent was to have a pleasant weekend in Brisbane and to allow my family to benefit from some of the status earned from all the travel I do. Unfortunately, that's not how it turned out.
At check-in, the gent doing the check-in clearly had no idea about the Hilton Honors program and was repeatedly changing rooms from floor to floor. Check in took 10 minutes which is unacceptable for what should be a simple process. No mention was made of any of the "benefits" that existed for being HHonors Gold and certainly no internet or breakfasts were received. Even a complimentary newspaper for each room was made to feel like it was a big thing. As we were about to enter one room a staff member was rushing in to place a complimentary bottle of wine - much appreciated but the rush seemed to indicate that it was omething that had been forgotten.
The rooms received were contrasting - the double room showing it's age with a somewhat dated bath/shower and 2 double beds which had seen much better days. The upgraded King Deluxe room had a much better bed and a recently renovated shower. Both rooms were very clean and were well maintained during the stay.
Although the hotel didn't appear to be too full, on both nights we stayed noise was an issue. The atrium design of the hotel means that any noise form the bar/restaurant area travels straight up the atrium and into the rooms. The first night had a lovely musical performance going on if that is what you were in to - not so good if you actually wanted to get some sleep.
Overall, what should have been a luxurious stay was made to feel more like staying at any 3 star hotel/motel. Having stayed at a number of Hiltons over the past 12 months, I have to say that this one is not up to scratch. The location is great but until there is a consistency of product, the value is just not there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Brisbane icon, Hilton Brisbane is located in the heart of the city, on the ‘Paris-end’ of vibrant Queen Street Mall. The hotel features modern accommodation, award-winning dining, newly refurbished leisure facilities and 2500 sqm of purpose built space designed specifically for meetings and events. Choose from a selection of well-appointed guest, deluxe or executive rooms, or luxury suites which have been designed with each and every guest’s comfort in mind. Book an executive room or suite and enjoy access to the exclusive Executive Lounge which features continental breakfast, refreshments throughout the day and evening drinks and canapes for you to enjoy. Meet and do business in one of the 19 flexible meeting and conference rooms which have been coupled with leading-edge technology, ideal service and attention to detail. The hotel is also equipped with a Business Centre where all of your business needs can be met. Swim some laps in the newly refurbished outdoor heated swimming pool, play a game of tennis on the city’s only tennis court, overlooking the city or squeeze in a workout in the Fitness Centre. Go on a culinary journey in the hotel’s award-winning restaurant - Vintaged Bar + Grill - which showcases the best of Queensland’s world-class produce and features unique and modern dining spaces as well as a boutique wine list. Whether it’s for business or pleasure, Hilton Brisbane offers contemporary design that fulfills comfort and style, outstanding facilities and exceptional service. It is a must for both domestic and international guests and Brisbaneites alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Travelocity.ca, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Hilton Brisbane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Brisbane Hotel Brisbane
- Hilton International Brisbane
- Brisbane Hilton International