All reviews across the road great location brisbane transit centre washing machine and dryer queen street mall small balcony handy location south bank bedroom apartment city barracks microwave sauna qpac roomy laundry
Reviewed September 22, 2015

Stayed for one night as I had a very early start next day. Reception was closing when I checked in (9pm!!!) but was very efficient and friendly The lift was clean, the corridors clean and the room very clean.
I had a very nice 1 bedroom apartment with a comfortable lounge, new TV and everything in the kitchen for a longer stay. Great views of the City. The bathroom was very clean. The bedroom clean and the sheets had that great crisp feel. The air con worked and cooled down the room and the alarm clock worked. Great nights sleep ! For the size of building I think I would have liked someone to be in reception 24/7 just for a feeling of security. Overall great value and would certainly stay again.

Room Tip: My allocated room was excellent.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Suntan001
AbbeyOnRoma, Front Office Manager at Abbey On Roma, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2015

hi Suntan001,

We are happy to see you enjoyed your stay and our apartments.
We will take your suggestion into consideration.

We look forward to seeing you back again.

Reviewed September 17, 2015

I have previously stayed at this apartment building. Great position opposite Roma Street station and not far from Queen Street Mall. Nice to have a whole apartment instead of just a room. Cooking facilities a plus if on a budget and a washing machine in the bathroom. Excellent for short or long stays.

Room Tip: my room was on side near police station on 6th floor, but was still woken each morning by the bin truck
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Leisa W

Hi Leisa,

We are glad your enjoyed your stay with us and all of the facilities we offer.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed September 14, 2015

Stayed here for one night so that we could catch an early morning coach the next day. Would have liked an early check in but the room wasn't available. The staff that we saw were very friendly and gave us good information about Brisbane. We found our room to be in need of a good clean, but luckily the beds were comfortable and the sheets were spotless.
The room was also in need of repairs but for the price we paid and the location, it was acceptable.

Room Tip: I would think most rooms have a balcony and the apartment we stayed in was very roomy.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lin B

We are glad you enjoyed your stay.
I will chase this up with the maintenance & housekeeping staff, we appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

We hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 14, 2015

Asked for a top floor room and got it. I wasn't expecting much from this accommodation but to my surprise it was clean and well looked after. Located right opposite roma street station and less than 2 minutes walk as well.
Very close to the City center and close to the river as well.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor for a better view
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SiddieMan
AbbeyOnRoma, Manager at Abbey On Roma, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2015

Thank you for a great review studin86,

We are glad to see you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the excellent facilities we offer.

We hope to see you again so you can enjoy another great stay.

Reviewed September 14, 2015

Consumer liaison staff friendly and helpful.
Bed was very low.
Shower was over the bath, there was no hand rail to hold when stepping in and out of this.
Door to the balcony was stiff and I was unable to lock same.
However, on the plus side it was clean and had facilities such as microwave kettle toaster.
It is also very close to Roma street station and only a 10n minute walk into the city public transport is also available close by.
Convenient for the purpose of the travel I was attending. Would consider staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo

Hi Karen B,

Thank you for your feedback.
We appreciate your comments and will take them into consideration as we strive to improve our hotel.
We are glad you enjoyed our location and facilities.

We hope to see you again in the future.