Mantra Terrace Hotel(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$65
Punthill Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$78
  • Restaurant
Mantra on the Quay(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$96
Travelocity
  • Fitness centre
Hotel Grand Chancellor Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$83
  • Pool
The Point Brisbane Hotel(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$83
Agoda.com
US$81
  • Pool
Brisbane City YHA(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$51
US$47
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewsacross the roadgreat locationbrisbane transit centrewashing machine and dryerqueen street mallsmall balconyhandy locationsouth bankbedroom apartmentcitybarracksmicrowavesaunasouthbankqpacroomylaundry
Reviewed April 3, 2018

The only good point about the property was the receptionist.
I was in apartment #401 for an hour at most, the rooms was mouldy, the furniture was old and the air in the room was so stall. I tried to have a shower, left the tap running for 15 minutes with no hot water. In this modern age, the property had the worst WiFi; I could barely login into my email on my iPad.

I went by reception to speak with a manager and was told there is no one on site, so I left my key and found another hotel close by. I tried calling this morning and was told the Manager will give me a call back, no call back after 4 hours.

Overall I would suggest the property be shut down, It is not worth having open at all.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
AbbeyOnRoma, Front Office Manager at Abbey On Roma, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2018

Thank you for your review.
The issues you have bought up have been rectified and i believe someone has now been in contact with you in regards to this.
We do apologise for an inconvenient stay however unfortunately you received a room that was unsatisfactory and all of our rooms do not go on this standard.
We hope hope to be able to welcome you back to Abbey on Roma in the future.

Reviewed March 26, 2018 via mobile

Booked 2 night stay to visit family. 1st room I got had pubic hair all through bathroom, 2nd room similar situation. Asked for refund, told not possible as no manager around. Got upgraded went checked room settled for that one. Next morning ran hot water for 15 minutes then took photo you see of mirror. Not a drop of heat. Proceeds to check room. As seen in picks has mould on roof, bed sheet stained. The hygiene in this hotel is non exisiting. Rang booking.com direct as it was who I booked thru. I was able to check out early and refunded my last nights stay. Happy to pay as I stayed the night only due to no other option. Again this place needs to be closed would have been cleaner sleeping on floor in transit centre across road.
Girl in reception on check in was absolutely lovely and kind of embarrassed at the condition of rooms. All photos are of each room. Please steer clear not good not healthy....

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
AbbeyOnRoma, Front Office Manager at Abbey On Roma, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2018

Thank you for your review.
I believe we have compensated you for the stay you experience with us and have rectified these issues.

Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

Just spent 3 nights there , all very basic ( that's all we needed) .Clean but not immaculate, Central to everything, pool & spa were clean .
Value for money. Modest car park fee
We were on 15th floor, outside noise was minimal

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
AbbeyOnRoma, Front Office Manager at Abbey On Roma, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2018

Hi Davis S,

Thank you for your review.
We hope to be able to see you again.

Reviewed February 15, 2018 via mobile

We booked this place for two nights, very close to CBD and walk distance for everything in Brisbane. This residence is very old, we had a room at 16th floor. It was very big ( double room, kitchen + living room, bathroom and balcony) with air condition but very old and without recent managed. You can orribile smell from old moquette and couch. Another bad point: we are in 2018 and this accommodation they don’t have WI FI! you can have it only in their hall because it is free Brisbane City wi fi. Pool was tiny. Price 80$/night.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
AbbeyOnRoma, Front Office Manager at Abbey On Roma, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2018

Thank you for your review.

We appreciate the feedback.
We are currently looking at getting WiFi installed in apartments.
We do have onsite parking, there is limited spaces so it needs to be booked (which is clear is on websites) if our onsite parking is full, we do a deal with the secure parking across the road which is payable to reception.

Reviewed February 11, 2018

First room given was cockroach infested and cleaning standard was suspect. Complained and given a "Deluxe" room, nice gesture except that the bathroom wall had a thin coat of mould, the vent looks like it's never seen a wiped over and the power point came out when I removed my phone charger. Room overlooks rear beer garden of pub and was not pleasant listening to expletive laden conversation by louts even with door closed. Sometimes the things you see scream that standards are poor and they just don't care, this was one of those

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
AbbeyOnRoma, Front Office Manager at Abbey On Roma, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2018

Thank you for your review stevearmitage2018,

We appreciate your feedback and i believe we have resolved these issues with you.
Unfortunately there is not much we can do about the surroundings in the area causing inconvenience to the building and we have rectified the issues of the room.

We hope to be able to welcome you back to Abbey on Roma in the future.