“Very central”

Sofitel Brisbane Central
Ranked #31 of 169 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great hotel, but possibly lacking information when you check in.. My room came with Sofitel Club access but I didn't even know what it was to use it... At this stage Sofitel has the most expensive car parking I have ever come across to date ( $65 / 48hr ) checked in at 4:30pm and took the car again about 11am and that was $65.
Very clean rooms and everything was catered for and supplied when asked, I would stay again... but I would not hire a car or take a car, use a cab our Uber

Room Tip: I always prefer a high floor myself
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
SofitelBrisbane249, General Manager at Sofitel Brisbane Central, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Bonjour KPG506,

Thank you for sharing your review after your recent stay with us. I'm sorry for any inconvenience or disappointment you experienced due to the lack of forthcoming information. I have asked our Front Office Manager to follow this up with her team and highlight the importance of clear and concise communication.
As it is a public car park, we offer an in-house guest rate of $47 overnight. I believe, due to the aforementioned lack of information, you have paid a the pay station which does not take into account your in-house guest rate. This is entirely our fault, and our Guest Relations Executives will happily make it up to you upon your next stay. When you plan to return, please contact either one of them on H5992-GR1@sofitel.com or (07) 3835 3535 and they can arrange compensation for this miscommunication.
I apologise again and look forward to the chance to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I was impressed with my stay at this property. Great central location. I had the pleasure of staying in one of the suites. Beautifully designed room, and the size of the bathrooms more than ample. Id highly recommend staying here to anyone travelling to Brisbane. Easy access to the airport by catching the airport train just below the hotel. Whilst not a view of the Brisbane river, my room had a stunning view of the park below. I took friends to the restaurant for the buffet for dinner and thought the experience was superb! Highly recommend for work trip or a weekend visit.

Room Tip: Large rooms
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Bonjour damos411,

Thank you for sharing your review following your recent stay with us. It's great to hear you had such a great time and enjoyed your Junior Suite.
I'm glad our location suited your needs and you admired the view of Anzac Square.
I look forward to sharing your feedback with the entire team, particularly the Thyme2 ambassadors, as they all work very hard to ensure the best possible experience for every guest.
We can't wait to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
SofitelBrisbane249, General Manager at Sofitel Brisbane Central, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Reviewed 11 October 2017

We enjoyed a super holiday here. The room was spacious, well appointed and clean. Delightful to have the Nespresso machine (with capsules topped up daily). The breakfast buffet looked impressive (expansive!) but we ate a la carte. Friendly staff. Good facilities - the gym was well equipped as hotel gyms go, and there's a pool and spa pool. We didn't use the day spa as it was quite pricey. Handy location - easy to walk everywhere and just minutes away from the main shopping centre. The airport train stops at the hotel, and you can buy discounted tickets at reception.

Stayed: October 2017

Bonjour Joanna S,

Thank you very much for sharing your review following your recent holiday with us. I'm so glad to hear we were able to help you enjoy your stay so thoroughly and that you had the chance to experience many of our facilities and services.
We do our very best to make sure all of our guests have the best possible time, and I look forward to sharing your feedback with the entire team.
We hope to welcome you back for another wonderful stay soon.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Although the motel has lovely furnishings and attentive staff the road noise in our room was incredible. We were on the 21st floor and I kept thinking the window must be open. The motor bikes and sirens went late at night and then woke us in the mornings. I ended up with ear plugs. The breakfast choice did not change for the 3 mornings we were there. Close to the city for walking and the station is below.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Bonjour Ang1965,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us. We appreciate all feedback, both positive and constructive, as it allows us the opportunity to improve.
I hope you can accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you experienced due to outside noise. As a CBD hotel, we have made every effort to minimise any disturbances, which suggests to me that there may have been a issue with the window glazing that requires maintenance.
As TripAdvisor does not provide your guest details, may I ask that you contact our Guest Relations Executives on H5992-GR1@sofitel.com or (07) 3835 3535 so that they can investigate the appropriate room?
Our buffet breakfast changes from weekday to weekend, with the weekend having more options available. If there's something in particular you're after, our chefs are always happy to prepare something special for you upon request.

We are committed to the ongoing improvement of our hotel and cannot do so without your help. Thank you for feedback and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Regular choice for stays in Brisbane , ideally located above Central Station. Surprise upgrade to a junior suite was most welcome. Spacious and well refurbished with excellent bathroom featuring seperate shower.Club lounge service of good quality however on this occassion reverted to buffet canapes where as previously individual plates had been offered which ups the quality of the offerings.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Bonjour eurocruise,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review after your most recent stay with us. I'm so glad to hear we were able to help you enjoy your stay so thoroughly! Our Junior Suites really are a beautiful room, and it's great you think so too!
When the Club Lounge is expecting a large volume of guests, we revert to buffet style as the individual plates aren't feasible when catering for so many people. I hope you still enjoyed your Club experience, and that you get the chance to visit again soon.
Thanks for making us your favourite Brisbane hotel and we can't wait to welcome you back!

General manager

Reviewed 11 October 2017

A very good hotel with excellent breakfast in a central position. Staff were most helpful especially when I arrived with a rented motorbike and needed some where to leave each night.
Good size rooms, the higher the better.

Room Tip: High up best
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Bonjour BrightonBiker,

Thanks very much for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your time and had the chance to indulge yourself in our buffet breakfast.
I'll be sure to share your feedback with the team, particularly Concierge. We hope to welcome you back soon.