All reviewsrooftop poolgames roombig lockerscommunal areasbed dormfemale dormcoles supermarketlarge kitchenbrisbane cityair conroma street stationminute walkown bathroomtop floorgreat facilitiessuncorp stadiumstayed here for nights
Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

I love YHA, I had only stayed in the one in central, Sydney, before this and I wasn’t sure whether to expect the same level of satisfaction. I definitely did, the staff were extremely welcoming and helpful!!! The location is fantastic because it’s close to the train station and a Coles. I would recommend this to any travellers looking for comfort and convenience.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

To be fair the place is quite clean but has a certain odor.
The common area is large and kitchen is not that clean.
What really got to me was that they cleaned the common room / dining area between 12:30 and 2:30 am ??!!!
This is the 5th floor and all the 4th floor would have suffered from this

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed March 29, 2018

I really enjoyed my stay at the YHA City Hostel in Brisbane. The hostel is not right in the city centre but still close enough to the city. The rooms and bathrooms were clean. Especially the rooftop-area is great. After having some self cooked dinner on the terrace you can jump into the outdoor pool while having a beautiful view on the skyline of Brisbane. Thankyou to Craig from the reception for helping me with booking my next few days of travel.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

The hostel itself has good location and it’s pretty clean. Pool and kitchen on the last floor are a plus. However there are activities poster/flyers all over the common areas with activities that don’t take place, like rooftop yoga (reason: old posters- how about taking them out?)
Coffee at the bar in the morning was extremely sour and the staff member was quite rude and demotivated.
PARKING! It’s for free to park around the hostel! As I didn’t know it, I paid for the hostel parking. I asked if I could leave my car there 2 extra hours (noon) after checking out and the answer was no, that’s our policy!
Internet is for free only at the reception.
I have to say receptionist Caro? was really nice and helpful and the waiter at the tacos night as well, plus the tacos tasted quite good.
The stay overall was good, but the little things can make a good, average or bad experience and that’s my case.

Stayed: March 2018
YHA_Hostels, Guest Relations Manager at Brisbane City YHA, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2018

Hi Astrid,
Thank you for reviewing your stay at our hostel. We always appreciate our guests feedback so that we can continue to improve different aspects of the hostel.
We do have a range of activity posters in communal areas to promote what's on around the hostel with new activities and events on each day. Guests do need to sign up at reception and some activities will only run if we have a minimum number of people.
I have passed on your feedback about the receptionist and waiter, it's so great to hear you had a positive experience with our staff who are are there to make sure you have the best stay possible. Enjoy the rest of your travels and we hope to see you back at YHA in the future!

Reviewed March 17, 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed very much our stay at YHA. Good entertaining activities, nice staff.
Only the quality of the water at pool is to be improved.
Otherwise the rest is absolutely well organized... storage room, sun cream availability, fresh water dispenser...

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends