Kangaroo Point Holiday Apartments
US$110
US$118
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Oaks Charlotte Towers(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$103
Orbitz.com
  • Fitness centre
US$149
US$144
Travelocity
  • Room Service
Hotel Grand Chancellor Brisbane(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$73
  • Pool
Hotel Jen Brisbane By Shangri-La(Brisbane)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$78
Agoda.com
US$80
  • Pool
All reviewsmain roadequipped kitchenwe booked a bedroom apartmentupon checkapartment was cleansouth bankthe riversouthbankshampoo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 March 2018

I arrived just before check in time (2PM), the receptionist (who was friendly, welcoming and apologetic) told me that the cleaners haven’t finished cleaning my room. I headed off and came back in 20 minutes to find that the cleaners still haven’t finished cleaning. I waited until 2:45PM before I was able to go to my room. This was happening to another group of guests, I overheard this when I was sitting waiting at reception. Shouldn’t they have rooms ready before check-in time?

Even though it is called holiday apartments, it seemed more like a motel. Despite this, the room I booked (“one bedroom apartment”) was very spacious. It had a full equipped kitchen, study desk, couch and dining table. However, so some parts (e.g. in the shower, the blinds) were a bit outdated, rusty and sticky. There was free wifi, which had good connection. The air con, despite being old, kept the room very cool.

Also note, that there is no daily housekeeping, cleaners only come every several days. Something rubbish was left in kitchen bins for 2-3 days before they would empty it, so it started to smell a little. Also, you will have to bring your own or buy shampoo etc. as they only give you one set upon check in. Apparently the receptionist said that if you want to have daily housekeeping, you got to pay extra.

This location is convenient, it is around 5 minute walk to different eateries, supermarket, the Gabba, and the Woolloongabba busway station, where you can catch buses into the city and out to the suburbs. You can also walk to South Bank in 20 minutes along the Brisbane River. Given its location (on the corner of two main roads), it was quite noisy at night, both from traffic noise and people (not sure if it was from other guests or people on the streets).

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Our family of three had a fantastic experience with this accommodation. There was more than enough room for us and the central location was highly appreciated. The price is incredibly reasonable for what you get... we will definitely be staying here again. The place was clean, close to public transportation, within walking distance to restaurants and entertainment, and staff were very lovely. I was also surprised how quiet it was for being on a main road but we were in the back of the building. It had a bath and full equipped kitchen which was great with a young child. Will definitely come back!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Tara D
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

We requested an early check-in and arrived just after 10am only to be told the room wasn't ready and to come back at 12pm. Not sure what room they were getting ready but it certainly wasn't ours.
The property was dirty, noisey and had some issues. Continual sirens from police and ambulances and hoons racing up and down the street made for many sleepless nights. No blinds on the windows in the lounge, no working exhaust fan in the shower, light broken over the stove top, hallway light not working over the laundry, the air-con/heater wasn't working so had to be turned off each time at the switchboard, the front door handle fell off. There was no lift and we were on the top floor so with 3 very small children and a lot of luggage it was a huge inconvenience. The lock on the sliding door to the balcony needed to be fixed which was not good with small kids. I bought cleaning products while there to clean the room and I asked for a mop because our feet were black from the floor and we had a baby crawling around. I was told they would bring one up but we never received it so had to borrow a mop from a friend to mop the floors. The shower wasn't clean when we arrived. The property is difficult to get in and out of. We were given 1 roll of toilet paper and were told we needed to buy toilet paper either from reception or the supermarket. I think if you have a self contained apartment you should be provided with a broom, mop etc. I have never stayed in a self contained apartment where I had to provide our own toilet paper or not have access to cleaning items. The couch was very worn and the cushions on the couch were filthy. Great location but that was about it. Very very different to the photos online. I would recommend staying elsewhere.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank BelH79
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

This has Rooms depending on budgets out 3 buildings .the staff a very friendly and help full on the phone and in person. There low budget building is slowly getting revamped ( paint and plumbing ).The photos in there advertising is of all three buildings . Close to the Gabba ( across the road). The city is only 15 walk . I was a thing budget but was surprised . On the room . I was on holidays but had to spend a day at our Brisbane site from this location perfect 20 min and from here to go to Gold Coast ad the parks main hwy around the corner to get on .

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

We booked for a last minute trip to Brisbane. I only booked this place because I wanted something cheap for myself my mum and three kids. Customer service was amazing!
We were surprised with the apartment. It was clean and fairly modern! Yeah there where a few things that could have been fixed but for the price I really couldn't complain. The kitchen was fully functioning with everything we needed to cook our own meals.. also I loved how close it was to the city! We walked to Southbank with three kids it's that close.. we will definantly be staying here again on future trips to Brisbane!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family