All reviews guilty rogue bar attached great cheap food greyhound bus female dorm travel desk cleaned daily transit center roma street station enjoyed my stay perfect location across the road room key south bank ensuite dale southbank
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Good hostel with good location to the bus/train station. Facilities were good however we stayed in a 14bed dorm with only one plug socket available. Beds were comfy and rooms/bathrooms were clean. Kitchen was ok. There is free wifi only on reception level from 7am-7pm daily but very slow if lots of people are using it, otherwise have to pay for wifi!! Brisbane city free wifi is great though. Would stay again but only for a few days.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 22, 2018 via mobile

Got to Brisbane on the bus, only planing to stay a few nights as we heard that's all we needed in Brizzie. Unfortunately that's all we heard so while checking in we asked the receptionist, Luca - a very tall german lad what was worth seeing/doing. He was incredibly helpful going into great detail on The best spots in the city. The kitchen is very big and the common room was lovely. I enjoyed my stay at base and will be back when I'm coming back down the east coast again. Friendly staff and a nice city.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
basecrew, Front Office Manager at Base Brisbane Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2018

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and we are pleased to hear that Luca was so helpful, he does know his stuff!!
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us and hope you come and stay again soon!

Safe Travels
Base Uptown

Reviewed March 20, 2018 via mobile

Would not stay here again, especially with all the other hostels near by. Room was very untidy, I had no idea which beds were free as all looked very messy. En suite set up was terrible, toilet and two showers with only some transparent glass between the showers. I was in a 10 bed mixed dorm and could only find one double socket, and people were charging their phones etc so I could charge anything. Asked at reception for an extension lead so we could all have a socket only to be told you can buy one! Which I think was terrible!! Room also had no floor space so was climbing over everyone's bags to get to my bed.

Stay in any of the other backpackers just up the road

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed February 26, 2018

We only asked for a place to store our luggage for one day as we had to leave the hostel we'd been staying in before earlier. It was no problem at all - and so we could spent some more time in Brisbane without having to carry our bags the whole day.

Thanks to Tom and the other guys!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2018 via mobile

Good location, but the wifi was not working. The AC was broken and we weren’t able to change temperature/heat/fan. The guy at the reception wasn’t able to help fix it either.
Room could have been cleaner as well.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple