“Bronwyn”

Hamilton Island, Australia
“Bronwyn”
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Fantastic!
Lorraine and Jim looked after me like family. I felt safe, as if I had been transported back in time to when boarding houses lodged and looked after people from the country. Felt like home! No question was too hard, helping me out wherever they could help.
Thank you!
As a professional person who has stayed at many motels, Spring Hill Terraces is my faviourate.
Keep up the good work!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Bronwyn H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 19 October 2011

I booked this because it was close to a congress I was attending at the Old Museum. The location was perfect for the congress and as a bonus it was only a short walk to shops and restaurants. The accommodation was clean and unlike other reviewers I had no issues with street noise. The hosts were exceptional. Friendly, informative and they even fixed my partner's belt which needed to be adjusted. We checked out mid morning and they offered to drive us into the city so we could kill a few hours sightseeing before our flight home. I'll definately being staying here again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank travellermr092
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 10 October 2011

This is a lovely little motel with such lovely and friendly hosts!

Two years we've stayed here and we were given the exact same room; everything was so familiar it almost felt like home.

Plus points of this place were the friendly staff, free parking and free wi-fi.

We stayed in a suite, which is basically two adjoining rooms. The first had a mini kitchen with a microwave, toaster and sink, a single bed and a small dining table. The next room had a double bed and led to the toilet.

The decor of the entire place is a bit dated, but the rooms (if a bit dusty) were clean so I'm not really complaining. Toilet was spotless!

We were very perplexed however, at their room cleaning hours. The cleaners wanted to clean the rooms even before 9 when we were all groggy and half asleep! Perhaps Aussies don't sleep in. It seemed like if we didn't get up early enough our room didn't get cleaned haha. But the cleaners were nice enough to offer us new towels.

One thing to note is that although there is a heater in the bedroom, it doesn't do its job very well. The heater pretty much only heats up the area directly in front of it, and at most you'll feel a little of it if you're sleeping on the side closest to the heater. There is no effect on the other side of the bed and the rest of the unit (including the first room).

Pack extra jackets and warm clothing if you're travelling in winter!

We were attending a dance congress at the Old Museum so this place was perfectly located for us. Situated at the edge of Spring Hill and just out of the Valley, this place is great for those who want to be close to the action in Fortitude Valley, but not stay in the thick of it (can be quite dangerous!)

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank MissTiramisue
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Stayed one night recently. Found the place quite dated and not spotlessly clean. Air conditioning is loud and street noise in the morning is loud. A long walk from town. Wouldnt stay again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank MATempleton
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 10 September 2011

Room was clean, nothing fancy. Friendly helpful receptionist. Location is 5 minutes walk to centre of Fortitude Valley but the Valley wouldn't be for everybody. Approx 20-30 minutes safe walk to centre of Brisbane. Easy access to airport.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 30 May 2011

The hopeless Best Western around the corner, stuffed up my booking so I wound up here with no notice. Luckily for me they had a room available. Jim helped me carry my boxes upstairs and the next morning he helped me carry them down again. Then, he drove me and my boxes ( I was exhibiting at a Yoga festival) to the venue. I couldnt believe it! I was blown away. That doesnt happen in Sydney.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank trinsab
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 27 March 2011

Stayed here one night with our 4 year old son as we had an early morning flight and it was not too far from the airport, seemed quiet during the day, but at night it turned into a major route and was really noisy, so didn't get much sleep. The pillows were hard, the air conditioning was loud so turned it off and just had the fan going which was better. The place seemed quite dated. My husband went to get a glass of water and they were filthy. Would not stay again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family