“Amazing”

Black Hide Steakhouse
Ranked #15 of 5,145 Restaurants in Brisbane
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Awarded Good Food Guide Chef Hat 2014/15 Winner Australia's Best Steak Restaurant - 2014 National Restaurant & Catering Awards for Excellence Winner of Best Steak Restaurant and Brisbane Restaurant of the Year - 2014 QLD Restaurant & Catering Awards for Excellence
Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

The food and wine was top shelf... the t-bone.steak was sensational. Nice atmosphere and service was good too

Reviewed July 10, 2017

This was my first time to Black Hide and it definitely won't be my last. I had the Rib Eye on the Bone, Medium Rare, and it was brilliant. The service was faultless and the wine superb. Price also was reasonable

Reviewed July 7, 2017 via mobile

I ordered the Angus sirloin which was perfectly cooked but full of gristle, right through the entire steak. When asked as we were paying if we enjoyed our meal, I mentioned the gristle.
The female manager came promptly. I told her that my husband did most of his business entertaining at Black Hide and was keen for me to try their steaks.

When I mentioned the problem with my steak, she told me that I had mistaken for gristle the strip of fat left on one side. As a steak fan, I clearly understand the difference. I told her that I had bought the exact cut of Stanbroke sirloin many times from my butcher but had never found gristle right through the steak before. After being told 3 times that there was no gristle and that what I had eaten was the strip of fat, I gave up arguing. She then promised me a "perfect" steak on our next visit, but did not offer me her name, business card or even ask my name.

Two days later I bought the same steak from my butcher, and mentioned the gristle. His opinion was that I had been served the rump end of the sirloin which is more gristly. The reason why I have never bought gristly Stanbroke Angus sirloin from them is because the butcher the never sells the rump end of the sirloin, as "sirloin".

We went to my favourite local Montrachet for steak frites this week and it was excellent as always.

5  Thank HolidaygirlBrisbane
Reviewed June 30, 2017 via mobile

Wow. Wonderful food and service lacking absolutely nothing. I don't usually tip in Australia but felt compelled to this time as I was so impressed. Delicious steak and sides. Nice atmosphere and attentive and charming staff.

Reviewed June 27, 2017

If you are going out and know that steak is the main attraction, Black Hide is definitely a must dine attraction. The quality of the steak, especially for the cost is a must recommend.

The purpose to this review is that there are two sections within Black Hide, and out the back dining area that looks a bit more intimate and the front area near a bar.

We were located out the front and there was a lot of foot traffic coming through looking for tables. It was highly congested and to where it felt that other people were invading my personal space and making it uncomfortable. If / when I dine here again the plan is to ask for a table out the back and recommend this is where you would want to be.

2  Thank Damian G