1,300 results
All reviews emporium hotel james street tartufo a king spa suite molton brown toiletries cocktail bar downstairs rooftop pool pillow menu turn down service espresso machine valet parking washer dryer in room dining beautiful hotel luxury hotel small kitchenette room service
Reviewed September 18, 2018

The staff at the Valley Brisbane were nothing short of exceptional.

It was my girlfriend's birthday and I requested that whilst we were out for the evening that the presents I had brought with me be arranged on the bed as a surprise upon our return.

Rebecca and the team went above and beyond arranging rose petals on the bed and decorations around the room with the presents as the centerpiece.

Needless to say my girlfriend and I were blown away with the level of care, creativity and generosity displayed.

The staff were all wonderful and I'm already looking forward to staying at The Valley again.

Thank you.

Room tip: Awesome amenity with a myriad of restaurants at the doorstep.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
DanielM20337, General Manager at Ovolo The Valley, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2018

Hey there JCNikko,

Wow.... what a review. The team were so happy to hear the nice comments that you had to share particularly Rebecca, she is definitely an asset to our team.

Happy Birthday once again to your girlfriend, hope the brownie points you earned haven't worn off. :-)

Cant wait to have you back.

Reviewed September 13, 2018

This hotel fails to disclose that extensive renovations are taking place. Hammering started before 7am and was relentless. I accept that renovations are necessary, but it is very misleading/dishonest to not disclose this to guests. I felt cheated.

Room tip: Ask about noise
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank ausbirdlover
Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

This place is in the middle of a major renovation... absolutely avoid it for now!

My disappointment is that the renovations are not disclosed on the website. It should be.

Also they are a little disorganised. I wanted a late checkout. Tried to ring reception 3 times before someone would answer. When I asked for a later checkout they said they would call back but did not.

After the renovations are complete I would consider it again as the location is good if you want to stay in that part of the city.

1  Thank Andrew P
DanielM20337, General Manager at Ovolo The Valley, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2018

Hey there Andrew P,

Thank you for taking the time out to acknowledge that yes we have an exciting revitalisation underway. We appreciate your feedback on the website front however we prefer to personalise our guests stay with a pre-arrival calls. We are so sorry on this occasion that we could not reach you as we have no contact details on file but I do hope that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. Regarding the fudge up on our end with no call back I have addressed this with my Front Office Manager as a promise should always be kept to guests !

We are super excited that post revitalisation that you promise to try us again which will given us a 2nd opportunity to show you what we are really worth.

Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

I chose this hotel based on its location, being only a few minutes walk from the client I was due to visit. While the timing wasn't perfect in terms of seeing the hotel at its best (it is undergoing a significant renovation as part of a change of ownership) I am still delighted with the choice.
The staff I have dealt with gave all been very upbeat, friendly, helpful and professional. Particular praise goes to Lauren at her makeshift reception desk for the perfect welcome to a hotel.
The room, while not massive (standard queen room) is impeccably presented and features a few things which I wish other hotels would offer. For example, in addition to the power hub on one of the bedside tables with two power points and two USN charging slots, I noted at least ten more readily accessible power points in the room. No moving bedside tables out of the way here to locate the solitary powerpoint here.
Lighting in the room is also much better than is often found. So many hotel rooms only offer a few lamps, and if for any reason you need or want more light, options rapidly disappear. In The Valley, my room offers five downlights in the ceiling plus two bedside lamps, a standard lamp and a desk lamp.
There are multiple pillow options which should suit almost everyone and even a washing machine in the room.
Add to all this a range of dining options immediately outside the hotel door (in The Emporium).
I am happy to give this hotel the full five stars and look forward to seeing it when all refurbishment has been completed

1  Thank 594rossm

Hey there Ross M,

Wow what a rocking review !!!!. We are stoked that you still felt 100% confident with your choice of stay at The Valley.
I will be sure to personally thank Lauren for all her efforts. The team is what makes the place and they are all very excited for the future plans for the property and they downright deserve a massive high five.

Ross M, We have a lot in store for a bright and airy feel and I am sure it will be right down your alley. Looking forward to have your stay again.

Reviewed September 8, 2018

Solid boutique hotel in a good location, handy for restaurants and shopping in James Street. Disappointed that so much noise from renovations due to last until November when this hotel will be known as the Ovolo Valley Hotel. Hammering took place until 5pm and surprisingly awoken at 0530 with knocking and banging noise above room on level 4.Would be worth trying another visit after renovations completed.

1  Thank eurocruise
Daniel M, General Manager at Ovolo The Valley, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2018

Hey there eurocruise,

Thanks for taking the time our to review us ! As much as we are so exciting that we will have a Fresh new look in many of our rooms as early as October we cant with out making some noise. We are gutted that you were disturb by noise that early, as should we have been made aware at the time this would have been immediately addressed as our noise works are restricted from 9-5. Despite a rocky stay we are super excited to welcome you back to share all the awesomeness to come.